Hofbrauhaus Columbus

acklac7

If you haven't been yet you should go. Place is a riot and the food/"bier" is downright excellent.

This is your warning to try it before Spring. Once April rolls around there will almost surely be a wait to get a seat/table.

Also our Location puts the Cincinnati/Newport location to shame.

Fixed for you. Can confirm.

Hmmm and what makes you say that :lol:

http://hofbrauhauscolumbus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/pretzelgirl2-200x300.jpg

I've been to the original Hofbrauhaus auf Munchen as well as the one in Cincy...looking forward to checking out Grandview as well!

Father has been to the one in Munich, has an original Stien with the inscription 1LHB (1st Location Hofbrau) on the bottom.

Everytime I go to visit my Sister (Cinci) our first stop if le Hoffbrau. Honestly ours is better, we have live Music 7 Days a week and get the Trio on Thurs/Friday/Sat starting @ 9:30. Place was Hopping on Saturday (I drank way too fucking much), judging by the reviews it's only a matter of time until it explodes in popularity (if it hasn't already).

Edited by acklac7

If you haven't been yet you should go. Place is a riot and the food/"bier" is downright excellent.

This is your warning to try it before Spring. Once April rolls around there will almost surely be a wait to get a seat/table.

Also our Location puts the Cincinnati/Newport location to shame.

Ummm there has been an hour plus wait every time we have tried to go...

Been to the one in Cincinasty and love the fact we have one here now. The food is amazing and the bier is big old monster truck tits nice.

I've been to the original Hofbrauhaus auf Munchen as well as the one in Cincy...looking forward to checking out Grandview as well!

I went to the original one as well about 16 years ago when I did an exchange program in high school. Had no idea there was one here

I love going to Wurst under Bier

I went there for my Birthday once, hoping it was on-par with Hofbrauhaus. Left agreeing we should have just made the trip down to Cincinnati. To their credit the Brew selection wasn't bad, but the food was sorta "meh".

And I highly recommend Das_Schmankerlplatte. Seriously take what you don't eat home, you'll wake up in the middle of the night and polish it off :masturboy:. The Smoked Pork chops are heavenly, best way I can describe them is like some sort of bacon/steak hybrid, think texture of steak, taste of bacon..Jeebus so good.

Schmankerlplatte -- Bavarian Sampler Plate: With Schweinsbraten, Smoked Pork Chops, three kinds of Wursts, Fried Cabbage, served with Mashed Potatoes and Imported Sauerkraut.
Edited by acklac7

Sounds like we need to reserve a table for CR at around 1:30pm on a Sunday.

CLOSE DAS BISH DOWN

PREREQUISITES:

1) Must show up in German car.

2) Must drink "dunkel" bier.

3) Must dine on wurst.

4) Extra points for losing your Tag Heuer during an enthusiastic song.

5) Recommended Uber take you home.

CLOSE DAS BISH DOWN

PREREQUISITES:

3) Must dine on wurst.

6) Bring a bag of dicks.

CLOSE DAS BISH DOWN

PREREQUISITES:

3) Must dine on wurst.

6) Bring a bag of Dicks

7) TRY NOT TO MAKE AN ASS OF YOURSELF ON CR UPON RETURNING HOME

Seriously though, if we could get a couple tables it would be a great place to meet up, a few tables would work great for a large group. That said they're currently "evaluating" (read: not taking ) reservations, for our loss.