College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another crazy thought I had today while sitting in class, waiting to get home...what if Braxton comes back and plays WR or the H back role. The playbook would be wide open at that point for HB/WR passes. If what was said earlier about him not being able to throw a football again, then this may be his best shot at making a career for himself.

To flip this around from a troll to a positive thing, he held a press conference at his former school, in front of kids there and on tv, to basically tell them that education is more important than being an NFL fooball player. I think the only reason it was held there was to bring some attention to the Ginn Academy and because he wanted to sit down with Urban, Ginn and family at the same time. What better place to do those things, than at the academy. Kudo's to this kid for turning his life around and for trolling the absolute shit out of ESPN and all other media basis. The Michigan boards are absolutely hilarious right now, the hate is strong from them.

I think he felt like he had to hold the press conference because of all the media hype and how they were blowing things up. He said the day after the NC game that he's not ready for the NFL and he said it again today. Proud of how he has grown up and proud of him for being a role model and staying in school to graduate. You don't see that much anymore. Most kids just want quick money.

To flip this around from a troll to a positive thing, he held a press conference at his former school, in front of kids there and on tv, to basically tell them that education is more important than being an NFL fooball player. I think the only reason it was held there was to bring some attention to the Ginn Academy and because he wanted to sit down with Urban, Ginn and family at the same time. What better place to do those things, than at the academy. Kudo's to this kid for turning his life around and for trolling the absolute shit out of ESPN and all other media basis. The Michigan boards are absolutely hilarious right now, the hate is strong from them.

This@!!!!

Well, could we really have expected anything different? All this fucking kid does is blow up expectations and destroys preconceived notions we have for him.

Cardale being Cardale.

Fuck it is crazy being an Ohio State fan right now. This shit is just bananas.

Now, is there any way Devin Smith can find a way to stay another year???

i still believe JT Barrett is the starter next year.

In any case, i wouldn't want to be a QB at tOSU next year. you are going to have a GREAT QB right behind you, waiting on an injury. or the coach to feel like you're not playing well. Great for the fans and team, shitty for those QB's

It much better to have a starter and clear back up. When you have two qb's people are going to want blood of the starter is under performing. Then qb 2 will start taking away time from qb 1 which doesn't end well and creates a lot of controversy.

I can't wait to troll next year :gabe:

It much better to have a starter and clear back up. When you have two qb's people are going to want blood of the starter is under performing. Then qb 2 will start taking away time from qb 1 which doesn't end well and creates a lot of controversy.

I can't wait to troll next year :gabe:

OSU #1

I'd rather have Cardale start; he's proven himself to be solid as a rock (well almost) in crazy stressfull games, shit, the only games hes played are playoffs/championships. While JB may be good, perhaps better then Jones, we still dont know how he will respond to the pressure of huge games.

Serious question for you osu fans. Do you think jones success was a product of a very good system? Like any qb could of gone in and been just as successful or was he the difference maker and why they were successful?

We all know jones is an athlete and has a big arm so I don't want to discredit him. Just wondering if say he was the starter this year and went down and JT came in if he would have been same out come as what we saw.

Serious question for you osu fans. Do you think jones success was a product of a very good system? Like any qb could of gone in and been just as successful or was he the difference maker and why they were successful?

We all know jones is an athlete and has a big arm so I don't want to discredit him. Just wondering if say he was the starter this year and went down and JT came in if he would have been same out come as what we saw.

I think it was a combo of good coaching, a good system, and freak level talent.

Each of the OSU quarterbacks brings something a little different to the table, and has a different level of polish.

With JT being hurt, Braxton really a non-factor, 12 Gauge has a great opportunity to be the starter all of next year.

Ok so say he is the starter next year with a semi new team that isn't polished like when he took over. A full open play book the OC is able to to pick from. Do you think he succeeds from day 1? What about when his team is down and struggling to get back in it like JT faced this year. This is game that if you lose one game you have a chance of not playing for a NC. He loses once and now everyone screams for JT. He isn't prepared fully because jones took all the snaps. He doesn't have the rhythm with his receivers. Another loss and the season is all for nothing.

Jones took over at the end of the season and was surround by a polished offense and freakishly good receivers and RB. He was great for 3 great games. But to grind out an entire season as a starter is a bit different.

Barrett seemed fine under pressure at Michigan State..

The thing I like about Jones over the other 2 is arm strength. Defenses have to respect the threat if him bombing away on them like Peter North on some broad with daddy issues. Defenses can't load the box against him, thus allowing Elliott to run wild. Move the defense up and bombs away.

I am a big Barrett fan and think he is the real deal as well. If Jones wins the position and tears it up he'll be gone. Barrett will then be the starter in 2016 and 2017 if he stays his senior year.