College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the game at home, got an 8am class the next day :( My aunt was trying to get me to come visit in Texas, she lives 2 hours away from the stadium. If only I didn't have class on Tuesday!!

If you change your mind, give me a shout. I'm down here as well.

That's crazy news about Cardale. I mean, it's good news, but shit, what the hell is Meyer gonna do next year?

I wish I could change my mind, but sadly I will be at home for it. It's ok though, I think some friends are coming over and the wife will actually stay up past 9pm to watch something on tv with me haha.

Meyer is going to have to let them battle it out as he said he would. You can't just let Braxton come in and reclaim the throne without competing, hell from what I have read, he can't even throw a ball until August. I imagine Barrett will be fully recovered by fall camp and ready to compete with Cardale though.

Adolphus Washington says he will be back next year, says moving to the 3 technique (Bennetts position) will help his draft stock next year. So really the only 2 I can think of that may be leaving early are, Braxton and Mike Thomas. If Thomas leaves, OSU will have to replace 3 WR's next season. I am confident in Marshall, the other guys I am not so sure about as WR's.

So, Brax HAS to be gone, right? Unless someone can sell him on the fact that he will not be a QB in the pro's, and get him to move to H-Back.

Could you imagine JT/12 Gauge in the backfield with Easy-E, Brax and Jalin/Dontre in the slot? Dixon and Thomas wide? Have fun with that, Mr. Defensive Coordinator.

You guys who know the pro/draft stuff, let me know if this sounds right:

Braxton sits down with his inner circle. If they decide that his best chance in the NFL if as a QB, then he either (a) transfers to a school for a more pro-friendly offense or (b) competes for starting job and then transfers if he loses out. If, though, they decide his best chance is to be as a receiver or something other than an QB, then he stays at Ohio State and embraces that role there. Does that sound reasonable?

So, Brax HAS to be gone, right? Unless someone can sell him on the fact that he will not be a QB in the pro's, and get him to move to H-Back.

Could you imagine JT/12 Gauge in the backfield with Easy-E, Brax and Jalin/Dontre in the slot? Dixon and Thomas wide? Have fun with that, Mr. Defensive Coordinator.

There would be a rash of defensive coordinators getting EBOLA the week they play OSU, because there is no way you could defend that nightmare.

Just JT and 12 Gauge in the backfield alone would nasty because 12 Gauge is a petite 225 and he has show no fear in throwing blocks or dropping a bitch when needed. You mix in Easy-E and that is a triple option that would be world class.

There would be a rash of defensive coordinators getting EBOLA the week they play OSU, because there is no way you could defend that nightmare.

Just JT and 12 Gauge in the backfield alone would nasty because 12 Gauge is a petite 255 and he has show no fear in throwing blocks or dropping a bitch when needed. You mix in Easy-E and that is a triple option that would be world class.

Fixed. :fuckyeah:

Also, I didn't even mention Curtis Samuel or incoming frosh Torrance Gibson (QB now, but I have a feeling he'll be a WR at tOSU).

If we are fortunate enough to win the NC, all three QBs will be revered in Ohio State lore forever.

Braxton: the fallen hero. We'll talk up how great he would have been had he not been injured and there'll be cases made about how he would have gave Mariotta a run for his money for the Heisman. Everyone will just assume that Ohio State would have done really well had Braxton been at the helm. In this vein, everyone will universally agree that we beat Virginia Tech with Braxton as the QB.

JT: the rising, shining star. We will probably embrace him more than the other two for the simple fact that (1) he was so absolutely lights out great this season and (2) he got hurt. "If not for JT," we'll say, "then we probably don't win the NC this year."

Cardale: the savior. When all hope was lost with JT's fractured ankle, Cardale came in and saved the day. What did this kid do? Oh, nothing, other than never have a start or even meaningful game time action only then to be thrust into a rivalry game when the outcome is still in doubt, then play against Wisconsin on a huge stage and not only have to win, but win convincingly to keep the playoff hopes alive, then for an encore go to SEC territory and knock off the SEC/CFB kingpins in Alabama, and then to beat the juggernaut that is Oregon and MM. Think about Cardale's resume for a second. Think about what it must have been like. Dude was likely munching on Doritos on the sidelines of the Michigan game when JT gets hurt.

Even if we don't beat Oregon, this season has been an overwhelming success for so many different reasons. I feel very fortunate to be an Ohio State fan right now. Our future is very bright, and our recent past has been something of legend. I don't mind whatsoever puffing my chest out a little bit.

If Braxton transfers, I believe he is stuck at that school then. So he better make sure he is the qb for sure, or he could end up like Alabama's backup, kid transfered in thinking he was the qb for sure, only to ride the bench behind Simms. The 3 qb thing has been done by am ivy league school already, just put 1 qb back there with Elliott and let em do their thing. Now, Braxton at H back opens up the playbook, simply because of the option to throw from that position.

Braxton wants to be a QB I believe, however as I have stated for several years now, he is not a very good qb. Rather he is an elite athlete playing the qb position. I think if he would swallow his pride and accept a role at another position, he might have a successful career in the NFL. I don't think he will be an All Pro or anything, but he can make a living. Here is some guys in recent years that were QB's in college, swallowed their pride and found a living in the NFL

Matt Jones

Denard Robinson

Michael Robinson

Josh Cribbs

Braxton could become the next Kordell Stewart for all I know. That's not a terrible thing, dude made it in the NFL for a decade.

If you believe in this type of stuff...

"OSU 14 vs 08 Florida

If you are superstitious when it comes to sports this will make you happy. I decided to take a quick look at Urban's last championship team, 2008 Florida.

Both teams were preseason #5.

Both teams had an unexplainable early season loss at home to an unranked team.

Both teams had a dominant win over a team ranked #8 at the time of the game.

Both teams had to beat a #1 ranked Alabama team to get in the National Championship game and both were ranked #4 when playing Alabama.

Both teams' offensive coordinator got a head coaching job prior to the championship game and stayed to coach it.

Both teams faced a very high scoring offense led by a Heisman trophy winning QB in the championship game.

Let's hope that like 2008 Florida, this OSU team can win the championship"

Braxton wants to be a QB I believe, however as I have stated for several years now, he is not a very good qb. Rather he is an elite athlete playing the qb position. I think if he would swallow his pride and accept a role at another position, he might have a successful career in the NFL. I don't think he will be an All Pro or anything, but he can make a living. Here is some guys in recent years that were QB's in college, swallowed their pride and found a living in the NFL

Matt Jones

Denard Robinson

Michael Robinson

Josh Cribbs

Braxton could become the next Kordell Stewart for all I know. That's not a terrible thing, dude made it in the NFL for a decade.

Antwan Randle El comes to mind too.