College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2015/02/49845/mike-webers-high-school-coach-sounds-off-on-urban-meyer-ohio-state

Mind you, webers coach apparently.played for Michigan and was key in Webers secret trip to UM last weekend. I've also read that the talk of Alabi going to Miami was in part to OSU only taking him if Weber came here. Had Weber chosen UM, Alabi would've been at Miami. Not sure how much truth is there, but it's out there. I look for the OSU/Cass Tech pipeline to be done after this incident.

I would tell him, "Sorry, we thought we were recruiting a RB, and instead we're getting a whiner. Unfortunately, we don't run a whiner-friendly offense here," and then rescind his offer.

Honestly, that's basically what a few guys have said. Urban has gotten this team to love each other and play for each other. He isn't going to let someone come in and tear that apart with their attitude.

Cass tech coach apparently is openly stating unless OSU releases Weber, he will funnel kids to Michigan. Talk about dirty tactics lol. Apparently Michigan hired the mom of a recent transfer and also hired the hs coach of Jabril Peppers and the #1 player in 2016, keep living in a glass house Michigan fans. Detroit radio now saying the coach failed Weber and kind of siding with OSU at the moment. Maybe this is the revitalization of the rivalry. If Michigan coaches ban OSU, I say Ohio coaches should ban Michigan. Well see who comes out ahead, my money is on OSU given the fact we have players from 23 states under Urban

Cass tech coach apparently is openly stating unless OSU releases Weber, he will funnel kids to Michigan. Talk about dirty tactics lol

He's gonna funnel kids to Michigan anyway.

Bingo. Dude played at Michigan with Harbaugh. This whole thing is happening because he did everything in his power to get Weber to Michigan to play for his college buddy and it didn't work so now he's using this as his opportunity to try and hurt OSU as much as possible.

I hope Urban never speaks to Wilcher again to be honest. Dude's making demands of one of if not the best coach in the country after what he did? Setting up a secret visit for Weber without the OSU staff's knowledge? Nope. Shut 'em down. Wilcher, you just cost your future players a chance at playing for a national title contender 3 1/2 hours away. Enjoy.

My thoughts as well, seems like a case of a coach being pissy that his kid didn't pick his own school. We need the St. Thomas pipeline to become a yearly thing and hope Glenville can get the talent level back up. As I said though, if Michigan coaches try banning osu, Ohio coaches should do the same to them.

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Weber needs to go, kid isn't even out of high school and I'm already tied of him. I get wearing a teams shirt and not meaning anything behind it, but to wear a rivals shirt a week after the drama is just stupid.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/02/09/jayru-campbell-posts-video-of-ohio-states-mike-weber-wearing-michigan-shirt-video/

Weber needs to go, kid isn't even out of high school and I'm already tied of him. I get wearing a teams shirt and not meaning anything behind it, but to wear a rivals shirt a week after the drama is just stupid.The video has been taken down, but still why even put yourself in that position.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/02/09/jayru-campbell-posts-video-of-ohio-states-mike-weber-wearing-michigan-shirt-video/

I played hs ball with a guy who committed to play at OSU. He kept coming into the weight room wearing a Michigan shirt (he grew up a Michigan fan). When our coach asked him why he kept wearing the UM shirt he replied "i dunno, its just one of my gym shirts". In other words, who cares?

Weber needs to go, kid isn't even out of high school and I'm already tied of him. I get wearing a teams shirt and not meaning anything behind it, but to wear a rivals shirt a week after the drama is just stupid.The video has been taken down, but still why even put yourself in that position.

Peace...and good luck.