Shooting at Columbus International

DaddyBuiltRacing

Haven't watched the news but this is the email we got at work..... Also heard he had containers of urine in his car? I havent talked to the officers yet.

On January 7, 2015, at approximately 12:45 pm, police with Port Columbus International Airport (CMH) observed a suspicious vehicle parked in a restricted area outside the airport terminal. At about the same time, officers were alerted to a man who attempted to purchase a plane ticket with identification belonging to a female. Airline personnel became suspicious, refused to sell him a ticket, and alerted Port Columbus police.

An officer approached the suspect who had returned to the suspicious vehicle outside the terminal. The man initially spoke with the officer then suddenly produced a knife and lunged at the officer, attempting to stab him. The officer fired at the suspect, who momentarily dropped to the ground and then got back up and continued advancing towards the officer. A backup officer responded at which point the suspect quickly moved towards him with the knife forcing the officer to retreat backwards towards the terminal entrance where a third officer was positioned. The third officer shot multiple times, striking the suspect, ending the attack.

Officers approached the suspect to assess his injuries and discovered additional knives in his possession. Medical personnel arrived and pronounced the suspect dead on the scene.

The officers also discovered items on the suspect which prompted them to contact the Columbus Fire Bomb Squad, which also searched the suspect’s vehicle. Suspicious items were removed from the scene.

Just watched the news w/video..this is waht happened..infact the 2nd officer had a baton but the indiot still came after him..it was an undercover 3rd cop that shot him again

It's too bad shit like this has to happen. It's sad for me to see someone's life taken for whatever reason. It's obvious the guy is a bit off given his history and his reactions after being shot the first time. I feel a little bad for the officers (possibly) for having to deal with it that way, as well. I don't believe every officer gets into that career hoping to have to shoot someone one day and it must take its toll.

Also, I get the guy is dead/dying, but do you need to slam his head on the ground and then drag his face around so you can cuff him at an angle perpendicular to the building? :confused: Seems a little unnecessary.

It's too bad shit like this has to happen. It's sad for me to see someone's life taken for whatever reason. It's obvious the guy is a bit off given his history and his reactions after being shot the first time. I feel a little bad for the officers (possibly) for having to deal with it that way, as well. I don't believe every officer gets into that career hoping to have to shoot someone one day and it must take its toll. It is too bad. Its not human nature to kill another. Most will find this hard to watch. I really feel bad for the officers. Can't imagine living with that. Specially after working at CRAA for 5 1/2 years and knowing the one officer.

Also, I get the guy is dead/dying, but do you need to slam his head on the ground and then drag his face around so you can cuff him at an angle perpendicular to the building? :confused: Seems a little unnecessary.

On another note, Yea phuck him. After having all that happen and endangering your life and others how hard would it to be nice in easy on a scumbag? He just tried to kill me and adrenaline is running through me like wild fire. At that point I prob don't give two phuck's about what happens to him or how rough I am on him. IMHO the cops did all they could do in that situation. I wouldn't have even made it to my wand....

Cops did their job. They retreated much further than i would have expected. I wonder if they were leery to drop the bad guy due to what media would say?

It's possible, of course. I will add that after the initial attack, the guy seemed more intent on simply being shot again rather than actually stabbing the officer. I"m not saying he still wouldn't have minded stabbing someone, I'm just saying his priorities seemed to shift a bit. I wonder if the officers recognized that and hoped he'd still listen to reason or some shit? It'd help to hear what's going on, too.

Either way, they gave the guy a shitload of chances. Still, at that point, if you're willing to back that far up why not taser that ass? Now, I get the cop being backed up can't take the time to reach for a taser with a man coming right at him, but what about the other uniformed officer? He just backed up along with the first guy.

Eh, I dunno. I'm just some guy watching a shitty video with no audio and commenting on it on an automobile enthusiast site.

For those judging the officer, look into the facts. They did try to use the taser but failed to eject.

I talked to one of officers on duty that day and he said they knew something wasn't right with him, and knew he wanted to be killed by cop. They tried to give him multiple opportunities to stop.

It's very easy for someone to watch a video and say what they would or would not do.

I personally would like to hope I would drop him the first incident. I would not back paddle that far. But I wasn't there to make that call.

This guy had multiple knives on him, had an ipod taped to his leg, bottles of urine in the car.

Snowflake I think the closer they got to civilians the more they wanted to take action. That corner is parking for police / admin/ comm center.

I also would not be "soft" with someone who just tried to kill me. They still need to clear him in a fashion he can't stab them. For all we know he was still alive and fighting.

In my option this is a text book definition of justified shooting.

For those judging the officer, look into the facts. They did try to use the taser but failed to eject.

I talked to one of officers on duty that day and he said they knew something wasn't right with him, and knew he wanted to be killed by cop. They tried to give him multiple opportunities to stop.

It's very easy for someone to watch a video and say what they would or would not do.

I personally would like to hope I would drop him the first incident. I would not back paddle that far. But I wasn't there to make that call.

This guy had multiple knives on him, had an ipod taped to his leg, bottles of urine in the car.

Snowflake I think the closer they got to civilians the more they wanted to take action. That corner is parking for police / admin/ comm center.

I also would not be "soft" with someone who just tried to kill me. They still need to clear him in a fashion he can't stab them. For all we know he was still alive and fighting.

I agree 100% it's a justified shooting. It just doesn't seem to me that he was going to shoot. I wasn't there and I'll never know but I'd hope I would have shot him dead as soon as he came at me.

It's possible, of course. I will add that after the initial attack, the guy seemed more intent on simply being shot again rather than actually stabbing the officer. I"m not saying he still wouldn't have minded stabbing someone, I'm just saying his priorities seemed to shift a bit. I wonder if the officers recognized that and hoped he'd still listen to reason or some shit? It'd help to hear what's going on, too.

Either way, they gave the guy a shitload of chances. Still, at that point, if you're willing to back that far up why not taser that ass? Now, I get the cop being backed up can't take the time to reach for a taser with a man coming right at him, but what about the other uniformed officer? He just backed up along with the first guy.

Eh, I dunno. I'm just some guy watching a shitty video with no audio and commenting on it on an automobile enthusiast site.

Libtards gonna Libtard

Yea I agree with you OBGYN. Def seemed as if he wanted to be killed by a cop for some twisted unknown reason? Rocky, I assume the guy in the orange shirt was a DEA officer? It didn't look like Henry unless he has put on a few pounds.

Yea I agree with you OBGYN. Def seemed as if he wanted to be killed by a cop for some twisted unknown reason? Rocky, I assume the guy in the orange shirt was a DEA officer? It didn't look like Henry unless he has put on a few pounds.

I believe Henry retired this year. But you're right, I just lump them all in the same "undercover" catagory.

Guess that explains the lack of the perp being tasered. I wasn't aware of that. Curiosity quenched. Thanks.

Libtards gonna Libtard

Not really sure what you mean or who you're referencing. Do you? :)