Hardcore Heroin

LJ

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so bad here that Fairfield and Hocking counties have a federally funded drug task force. My wife is the veterinarian foe their canines and they make major busts at least every other day it seems. Major stash houses and 33 is a heroin highway

Most high volume counties do. Cuyahoga, Hamilton, Franklin, Montgomery, Mahoning to name a few.

Two of the major points of entry into the US for heroin and prescription drug smuggling: Marion, Ohio and Charlotte, NC. The reason being that they are in relative proximity to so many major metropolitan areas - essentially the entire Midwest, East Coast, and Southeast.

There is an opiate epidemic in the US and particularly within Ohio. Opiates include the prescription opiates (Percocet and OxyContin are the two most notorious) as well as the illicit opiates, like heroin.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that heroin is the most viable alternative to prescription opiate, and that person is absolutely correct. This story is repeated endlessly anymore: (1) someone gets prescribed some opiate, like Percocet, for something, like an injury (2) that person then quickly develops a physical dependency to the prescription opiate (3) the person then realizes that they can't acquire enough legitimate prescriptions to feed his or her prescription opiate addiction, so they go to the streets to purchase them illegally (4) the person then quickly finds out that Percocet or any other prescription opiate on the street is excessively expensive and realizes they won't be able to afford what they need and (5) the person then turns to heroin, which - as any well-versed opiate addict from the Columbus metro area will tell you - is much easier to find than prescription opiates on the street and a whole lot cheaper. Also, in many cases, the heroin is a much more potent "high" than the prescription opiates (though eventually the person acclimates to heroin and has a difficult time getting "high" down the road and just does heroin to not get sick/go through withdrawal symptomatology).

The reason why there isn't much hope of this ending anytime soon is the massive amounts of money that surround prescription opiates. Ingeniously, Big Pharm found another way to make money: they have devised prescription medications for opiate addiction that involve more prescription drugs. Most notorious among those is methadone, which, as someone once quipped, is like treating alcoholism with brandy. More recently, the drug of choice for opiate addiction is Suboxone. I don't want to come across as too cynical - I believe prescription medications have a place in this world - but the fact of the matter is that prescription opiates (and thus the problems that come along with them) aren't going away anytime soon.

Two of the major points of entry into the US for heroin and prescription drug smuggling: Marion, Ohio and Charlotte, NC. The reason being that they are in relative proximity to so many major metropolitan areas - essentially the entire Midwest, East Coast, and Southeast.

There is an opiate epidemic in the US and particularly within Ohio. Opiates include the prescription opiates (Percocet and OxyContin are the two most notorious) as well as the illicit opiates, like heroin.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that heroin is the most viable alternative to prescription opiate, and that person is absolutely correct. This story is repeated endlessly anymore: (1) someone gets prescribed some opiate, like Percocet, for something, like an injury (2) that person then quickly develops a physical dependency to the prescription opiate (3) the person then realizes that they can't acquire enough legitimate prescriptions to feed his or her prescription opiate addiction, so they go to the streets to purchase them illegally (4) the person then quickly finds out that Percocet or any other prescription opiate on the street is excessively expensive and realizes they won't be able to afford what they need and (5) the person then turns to heroin, which - as any well-versed opiate addict from the Columbus metro area will tell you - is much easier to find than prescription opiates on the street and a whole lot cheaper. Also, in many cases, the heroin is a much more potent "high" than the prescription opiates (though eventually the person acclimates to heroin and has a difficult time getting "high" down the road and just does heroin to not get sick/go through withdrawal symptomatology).

The reason why there isn't much hope of this ending anytime soon is the massive amounts of money that surround prescription opiates. Ingeniously, Big Pharm found another way to make money: they have devised prescription medications for opiate addiction that involve more prescription drugs. Most notorious among those is methadone, which, as someone once quipped, is like treating alcoholism with brandy. More recently, the drug of choice for opiate addiction is Suboxone. I don't want to come across as too cynical - I believe prescription medications have a place in this world - but the fact of the matter is that prescription opiates (and thus the problems that come along with them) aren't going away anytime soon.

My roommate here in ND herniated a disc 6 weeks ago. His doctor has been writing scripts for 120 percocets at a time. He just got 120 10 days ago and he only has 30 left. He is wanting to wait 5 months before surgery saying he will just keep eating the pills for pain until then. Is he heading for a problem?

My roommate here in ND herniated a disc 6 weeks ago. His doctor has been writing scripts for 120 percocets at a time. He just got 120 10 days ago and he only has 30 left. He is wanting to wait 5 months before surgery saying he will just keep eating the pills for pain until then. Is he heading for a problem?

Sure sounds like it. I was given a script for Percocet to delay surgery on my foot and I didn't use the whole bottle. Knowing I'd have rehab coming after I finally made it to surgery, I opted for the refill on my next visit. I still have that whole bottle full and most of the bottle before surgery. My visit I was asked if I needed another refill and I declined, much to my doctors surprise. After reading this thread, I can understand my doctors hesitance to write a Percocet prescription in the first place.

Be nice if you could understand a word the dudes with bandannas on are saying. This reminds me of the show Gangland

Why does the trap look like it's their mom's place? Lol

It was like 20 mins of trafficking from Mexico, 35 mins of commercials for the next show, and 5 mins of Ohios problem lol. I'm exaggerating a little but geesh.

Was weird seeing familiar places. Was that one sting at Tuttle?

Yeah

The return fraud was Eastland

Apparently Lancaster and 33 is known as Heroin Highway. Who knew.

Me. I live off 33 in HH and travel said "Heroin Highway" daily.

It's always on the back of my mind. I've seen people road rage, there was a robbery at the Kroger we frequent, etc. I can't attest as to whether or not what I have seen/read is drug related at all, but I'm well aware of my surroundings.

You're absolutely right, but suboxone is more like treating an addiction to budlight with naddy light. The drug companies are almost certainly profiting off this and loving the everlasting shit out of it. I have a friend whom is a correctional officer in Boston. He says one of their major drug problems, IN A CONTROLLED FUCKING PRISON, is suboxone. It is available in a strip form, very similar to listerine breath strips. He tells me is placed in envelopes between the folds of the envelope and is virtually undectable. With thousands of pieces of mail being processed each day, it is unpreventable.

We can't keep drugs out of PRISONS, let alone the streets. Major drug reform is needed, and fucking soon.

I just poured 4,000mcg of Fentanyl (~100x more potent than morphine) down the sink last night. I'd hate to see what that would sell for on the street.

Google says not much at all.

Google says not much at all.

Interesting. I figured it'd be a fortune. It's stronger than heroin and a single bag keeps people (on mechanical ventilators) high as a kite for days.

Just for reference, the usual dose we give non-trauma patients is 100mcg/hr. this would damn near be enough to make you or I stop breathing.

Just a bit of personal experience,

About 10 years ago when I was 20-21ish I started having really bad stomach pains along with what become perianal fistualas (google image it if you want grossed out). Turns out I had/have Chron's disease. I was prescribed Percocet to help deal with the daily pain while we tried various medication to help straighten my immune system out. I dont remember the dosage but I took at least 2 a day for probably close to a year or more. I didn't like how it made me feel one bit. Just very zombie like. But not like a good alchol buzz. I would have people offering to buy them from me and I could never understand why the hell they would want to take them. :no:

I do admit there was some sort of an addiction there though. When I tried to get off of them I got some pretty horrendous headaches. So I would take them to fight off those. Eventually I stopped without any other problems once the Chron's was under control.

Its just strange how some people are susceptible to becoming addicted to drugs way more so than others. (at least certain types, I do like my booze)

Thank God it never became a problem like it is for many others.

I didn't see this show but Ill have to look around for it.