Get motivated! Two years ago I was 430 pounds. Now I'm 230.

Slimpsy1647545505

I just wanted to drop in for an update on my weight loss journey in hopes to help motivate some people who may be struggling to get started or need that extra push. I started this weight loss journey as a new years resolution in 2013 and within the first year and a half had lost 180 pounds. As of today I am down 200 pounds and continue to live a healthy lifestyle. It's amazing what one can achieve if they stick to health and fitness in some shape or form. No secrets. . . I just got up, started feeding my body properly. . . and moved.

I've helped a few others reach their goals, and that's all I can ask for. If I can help pay it forward and show people it's not about starving yourself or yo-yo dieting then it makes it even more worth it. Just cut out that garbage and move your body and watch that fat melt off your body!

Great times!

I'm 6'4" and 33 years old. I am in better shape now than in any other time in my adult life. It's a surreal experience waking up and not hurting and having unending amounts of energy to do whatever my kids want to do with and not what I was once limited to due to my weight.

Here's to many more years of health and happiness! Go out and get some!

430'ish lbs

http://i.imgur.com/jlWpiTz.jpg

230 lbs

10462643_10102311725360764_7565516096614415720_n.jpg?oh=edf32752dad83a742d1ba29036ad537d&oe=55217CCA

It's amazing what one can achieve if they stick to health and fitness in some shape or form. No secrets. . . I just got up, started feeding my body properly. . . and moved.

Quoting this again for truth. It's amazing how many problems your body might have from being overweight. After I lost a lot of weight (down about 104 pounds now), my back no longer hurt and I was able to do pretty much whatever I wanted without issue. Like you said, there's no secret pill or diet. Eat less crap, work out hard. Congrats to you and I'm sure you're like me, you have that mentality of NEVER going back to the way you were. Keep it up! :cool:

Congrats :cool:

Do people that haven't seen you for a couple years even recognize you at first?

Not at all. When you're the "big guy" for so many years you retain that impression. It's pretty exciting seeing old friends and having them look at me with confusion. I also haven't updated my drivers license and have been carded a few times when going out with friends and was denied entry in a few places as well. My wedding ring also hasn't fit for a long time. I've been too busy loving life... I need to get a new drivers license and wedding ring!!!!

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!

Congrats man! Doing that myself! I lost 50 lbs in 2014. I overcame my fear of the gym and signed up for one for the first time in my life. I really had no idea what I was doing, so I was paying for personal training for a while. It got too expensive, so I had to go it alone for a few weeks. I luckily met a fellow Subaru guy who has become my workout partner every day and knows what he is doing. The working in the gym is the easy part, its keeping my eating in check thats been a struggle for me. My boss convinced me to join weight watchers at work, and that starts next week. I am hoping that will be the key to lose the other 30-60 lbs I would like to remove this year and be a truly healthy weight for the first time in my life.

Congrats man! Doing that myself! I lost 50 lbs in 2014. I overcame my fear of the gym and signed up for one for the first time in my life. I really had no idea what I was doing, so I was paying for personal training for a while. It got too expensive, so I had to go it alone for a few weeks. I luckily met a fellow Subaru guy who has become my workout partner every day and knows what he is doing. The working in the gym is the easy part, its keeping my eating in check thats been a struggle for me. My boss convinced me to join weight watchers at work, and that starts next week. I am hoping that will be the key to lose the other 30-60 lbs I would like to remove this year and be a truly healthy weight for the first time in my life.

That's great man! I never liked the idea of counting points for food, but if it will help you maintain and control portions, let it happen! I just eat whole natural foods, primarily paleo (not a lot of starch, no sugar, etc) and I eat liberal amounts of food and the weight just fell off. The real key is to just find a sustainable lifestyle change for YOU. Good luck brother, you will do this!

Thanks again guys. . . it keeps me motivated just hearing the support here! :)

My daughter was pretty young in that first pic. Here are my three daughters, they are all the only reason I need to stay strong and healthy ;) (they don't do well with on-demand smiling..it turns more into growling, haha)

10258172_10102244842514524_1268153116505262824_o.jpg