American sniper

Lauren

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw it last night also. The movie was great. What I'm most pleased with, were the patrons at the theater we went to, Easton IMAX. I didn't see one person get up the whole movie. Not for food or to go to the bathroom. There was no talking or whispering that I saw. And, when the movie was over, no one said one word. It was like every one was honoring a monment of silance. I was very impressed by a group that size and what I viewed as the level of respect given.

Saw it last night also. The movie was great. What I'm most pleased with, were the patrons at the theater we went to, Easton IMAX. I didn't see one person get up the whole movie. Not for food or to go to the bathroom. There was no talking or whispering that I saw. And, when the movie was over, no one said one word. It was like every one was honoring a monment of silance. I was very impressed by a group that size and what I viewed as the level of respect given.

We're you at the 6:30? Sounds exactly like our experience at Easton last night.

Definitely a great movie. The book is obviously better. But cooper did a fantastic job of portraying kyles personality/values/character. A real eye opener into the nastiness of war and PTSD.

Theater in Milwaukee was packed full. Not one single person got up either. Everyone clapped when he finally picked off the other sniper. That's not how the real story went, but definitely made for better entertainment. I don't go to see movies often, but this was the best film I've seen in a long time

I have the book and am starting it today. I really want to see the movie but will wait to see it after I'm done reading.

Books are always better than the movie they are based on...but I am looking forward to seeing this movie.

-Marc

Same thing happened when I went and saw it tonight. Great movie and book was great as well.

Just uploaded and watched it on my Plex server in the comfort of home. Can anyone give more specifics on what caused his death?

Same here. Be prepared....if you know someone close that has served, or have served, the ending credits and slideshow will bring tears. One of Clint Eastwoods best.

I thought it was an excellent movie. My opinion it was slower than "Act of Valor" or "Zero Dark Thirty", but this film excelled in showing the toll war takes on a soldier. Any idea if that was actual footage at the end?

I went tonight with a packed theater and the exact same thing happened. A very moving picture and the end will bring tears to your eyes no matter what. The respect people have at the end of this movie is unbelievable. I was very taken back by this.

If you haven't seen it, go see it in the theaters soon.

Same thing in our theater- literally total silence as we walked out.

Amazing movie, Bradley Cooper at his best.

On a side note, I heard Chris Kyle ended up being a real whack job, saying he went down during Katrina and picked off looters and shit. Anyone else hear that? Not sure if it's some right wing conspiracy fucks, but I heard this dude isn't as heroic as it sounds.

Either way, phenomenal movie that I wouldn't hesitate to go see again.

I like the part where Ventura is upset he's not welcome at SEAL events anymore... really is that some kind of shock when he did what he did... I also, don't understand how he won that lawsuit when in the end he admitted to doing all the things Kyle said he did in the book. I guess it's easier to attack someone when they have passed rather then when they are living...