School me on CTS-V Mods - 2012 Model Year

TTQ B4U

Its an LSA motor...but yeah.

Haha I was going to note that.

I would do pulley/ilder package for your desired boost increase. Heat exchanger, solid blower isolater (ligengelfter makes this), exhaust if you like, and then leave it essentially alone. Oh and tune it, during the tune they can bypass the BCS and dial it in to a very fun and reliable car.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the price of a good set of winter tires/wheels, just get a winter beater. i still think the best money i ever spent on a car was my '90 grand prix. bought for $3k in 2000, its still going. i drove it from 70k miles to 150kmiles. did the head gaskets and gave it to my grandfather in 2006. he's had it since and put 20k miles on it

so this is on eBay. I think that color combo is really rare. Manuals accounted for 2% of the wagons and you never see the light interior. Imagine the hurt feelings if you debadged.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-CTS-5dr-Wgn-2014-cadillac-cts-v-wagon-6-speed-manual-white-diamond-recaros-roof-nav-rare-/251794523855?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3aa01f86cf&item=251794523855&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Head on over there. The amount of info for modding is insane. A good starting is intake, upper pulley and a tune. Most that go the long tube setup also add a lower pulley to the mix. Once you get it being it out to a cara and coffee, we need more V's. BTW, the black diamond tricoat is the best looking color for the sedans.

Great insight. I'll definitely be visiting them. Color wise, I'll work back with Jordan to see what's out there.

for the price of a good set of winter tires/wheels, just get a winter beater.

If I had room for more than 2-3 cars I would. Not sure what the new house will have but I'm aiming for no less than 3. I'll probably just put a set of winter wheels and tires on it and when needed for business rent a car. They will be paying mileage on top of the new plan so that will cover a rental. Otherwise in bad weather she should be fine if driven correctly :p

so this is on eBay. I think that color combo is really rare. Manuals accounted for 2% of the wagons and you never see the light interior. Imagine the hurt feelings if you debadged.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-CTS-5dr-Wgn-2014-cadillac-cts-v-wagon-6-speed-manual-white-diamond-recaros-roof-nav-rare-/251794523855?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3aa01f86cf&item=251794523855&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

I'm definitely going to be looking into a wagon if available. Not sure what I'll do there. Trans wise, I'm more inclined to go auto mainly because it's a daily and a company car.

A guy down here that's been building fast cars for a while. DSM's, 2JZ, LS, etc. I actually just had a convo with him about the abilities of the V2 as he DD's his and it tuns 10.6 OFF the bottle. Here is what he said,

The v2 would run in the 10's all day with a set of long tube headers and the stock exhaust, upper and lower pulleys,set of injectors,intake and a tune..it would also be very very reliable. I am about to hit 120ooo miles on mine and i beat the living shit out of it day in and day out. If u want a little more powerafter those mods then a 102 tb and 4.5 inch intake will net u another 40-60whp....

Moding the v2's to run 10's would cost around 3 to 4 grand.....thats on the high side. Part pop up for sale used all the time

Why does everybody like the wagons? Families and shit?

Two kids, two dogs....yep. Besides, as you get into your mid 40's less fucks are given about what others really think ;) I especially like the idea of a Wagon that can put most cars in their place. Even those that are faster, as there will always be those, get a little butt-hurt when Satin's Chariot gives them a run for their money. :p Lastly, I don't like being like everyone else. I may very well end up with a sedan but a wagon is different and that's worth a few tenths in my book.

In the end I won't know what the final decision is going to be for a couple weeks as management is voting on the company car program then. All things point to the plan whereby I will be getting a V. If it goes the other way, I won't but will still not have too much to complain about. First world problem.

Congratulations, I'm extremely jelly!

Join up at ctsvowners.com tons of good info, and used parts for sale (if you want to save a few bucks). I've never been, but it may be worth the drive down to Weapon X Motorsports in Cincinnati. They are big into the V2 game.

He could make the same drive to Big 3 up here. The have full "kits" for these cars including their own larger capacity tanks and heat exchangers. I am sure they would be less expensive than Weapon X as well.

for the price of a good set of winter tires/wheels, just get a winter beater. i still think the best money i ever spent on a car was my '90 grand prix. bought for $3k in 2000, its still going. i drove it from 70k miles to 150kmiles. did the head gaskets and gave it to my grandfather in 2006. he's had it since and put 20k miles on it

Agreed. Salt DESTROYS cars, period. Even if you do not plan on keeping it, or ever working on it, if you care about your car, you wont drive it in the salt.

Besides I grew up in the car business and drive anything I liked from my parents dealerships in Cleveland.

MomNDadmotorsports Ballin? :confused:;) Do they still have a dealership up here?

looks better IMO. more room. rarer. I actually don't understand why people like sedans so much.

LOL I dont know why people like the coupes!! Terribly large rear 1/4, and if you are getting a V Coupe-why not get a C6 Z06?

MomNDadmotorsports Ballin? :confused:;) Do they still have a dealership up here?

No. They got out of the business just before the close of 2000. Father past away this last April.

Thanks Paul !!!!

Props to Jaron for filling me in on the details of cost effective gains. I'll be back in touch once I have the car.

Props to Jaron for filling me in on the details of cost effective gains. I'll be back in touch once I have the car.

Not to pry but whats your price range? I only ask because I see them flirt with 30, all the way up to 60k. To me, 09=14. I am not aware of any appreciable differences.

Not to pry but whats your price range? I only ask because I see them flirt with 30, all the way up to 60k. To me, 09=14. I am not aware of any appreciable differences.

I expect I'll be in the $35-45k range depending on the miles/yr and if it's a rare wagon or not. I won't limit myself too much other than I will buy used to not take that initial depreciation hit. Flexible on color choice.

fuck it, you just convinced me to keep mine. and mod it. i didn't hardly drive it last year. time to add some fun factor and let that blower make a little noise

Or you can be a nice rich bastard and sell it to us CR pee-on's at a discount-you can write off the loss as a charity donation. :)

Or you can be a nice rich bastard and sell it to us CR pee-on's at a discount-you can write off the loss as a charity donation. :)

Lol.

The car is too fun not to drive it. I drove the nissan all day last summer. My kids now hate it, because they don't fit in the back, it doesn't have DVD players, and it is not comfortable. The kids easily fit in the caddy, and it is insanely comfortable to daily. I just need to add 100hp to make it a little more fun when the kids are not in the car.

I've been on the fence for a while about selling a few cars to buy a new z06 or big boy Benz/Audi. I'll at least wait till next spring