Question about 4th gen F-Body Axles

Fubar231

On the axle its-self, is there anything different between the non-trac control cars and the ones with traction control? I was looking on jegs for a rear pass axle and none of them said anything about if they were for trac control or not, and I thought ive read somewhere before that there was a difference between them?

Yes

Trac control is a 4 channel and the relucator wheels are on the axles behind the backing plates, no wheel in the pumpkin. On a non trac they are three channel, the wheel is in the pumpkin.

Can you tell me which one is the right one? I can't see any differences on here, and theres no info about if there for trac control or not. The only ones that have the info are the Moser's and there the most expensive (Which id like to not have to buy the most expensive if possible)

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/MkMdlYrSearchCmd?searchType=MkMdlYrSearch&langId=-1&SUBMODEL=1670056&MODEL=1670049&MAKE=1670009&N=1670056+4294964919&Nty=0&catalogId=10002&Ne=1%2b2%2b3%2b13%2b1147708%2b1147708&itemPerPage=60&mmyAjaxResponse=submitMMYCmd&storeId=10001&YEAR=1669521

I have no idea, call and ask. All I know is you need the wheel in the pumpkin for a non tcs and the wheel on the axles (one each side) for a tcs car.

Edit: maybe you can press the wheel onto an axle if it doesn't have one already. Someone else might be able to chime in on this.

I have no idea, call and ask. All I know is you need the wheel in the pumpkin for a non tcs and the wheel on the axles (one each side) for a tcs car.

Edit: maybe you can press the wheel onto an axle if it doesn't have one already. Someone else might be able to chime in on this.

Hmm alright, thanks for the info/help though. Ill have to give them a ring tomorrow and see if they can tell me which is the right one.

Do you need an axle shaft? I have a couple in my garage both 3 and 4 channel I'll sell to you cheap. I beleive they are different via a machined surface to press on the reluctor ring for 4 channel, to the best of my knowlege the aftermarket axles don't actually come with reluctor rings either way you go. Why don't you just get a stock replacement? Pretty sure Dorman makes them, and that they are the same length on both sides.

That would be awesome if you had a axle that would work. I was looking at a stock replacement but they were more than the ones i was seeing on jegs, so i figured i would of just got an aftermarket one.

If you got a axle that'll work with traction control that would actually make things a lot easier for me. Just PM me if you do and how much you want for it.

Also, when replacing an axle with traction control is it the same way as doing one without? Take off the cover, take the bolt out thats holding the bar thing in (Not sure what its called), pop the c-clip off and slide it out? Or is there extra stuff involved because of the traction control.

You can buy the pair for $50 (I have no use for just one), and yes it comes apart pretty easy. Take the brakes off of that side, pop the cover, take the small bolt out holding the pin, remove pin, push axle in to reveal and remove c-clip (helps to remove the ABS sensor for clearance), then remove axle.