Rascal Animal Hospital still the place to go?

evan9381

Couple nights ago I noticed my cats eye was just a TINY bit more closed than the other. It was so slight, I figured it was because I had just turned the lights on in that room.

Last night I get home and it's swollen half way closed, snotty looking stuff around it. He is acting fairly normal, but definitely doesn't want me touching him around that area. I saw online that cats can get what is basically pink eye, and it seems like this may be what it is. He's always been pretty healthy, so I want to get this taken care of quick.

Just trying to see if there are any other/better options. I can't get anywhere til ~5:30-6pm. I'd like to say money isn't an issue, but I don't want to spend a ton if I don't have to, and I've heard/read that Rascal's prices are pretty low and the care is good, in trade for longer than usual wait times.

That's weird as hell, my cat has an appointment tonight at 6 for literally the exact same thing. I talked to my vet last night after hours and she said it could be feline herpes and that's it's extremely common.

I am going to village animal clinic on the west side of Columbus, but I think this would be fairly routine anywhere you go.

Yes Rascal is still open in dublin. They are in the strip mall where walmart and best buy are. FYI I think the cut off is 6PM for normal office visits. Anytime after the cut off time is considered an emergency room visit and they charge you extra $$$. You really should have an appointment as well. Last time I went on a saturday morning with no appointment it took me 4 hours just to see a doctor. Consider wasting half of your day to see someone.

I now go to Beechwold Veterinary Hospital. It is on indianola avenue in clintonville. Even without an appointment it does not take as long as Rascal hospital.

appointment highly recommended. took my dog there to get shots last time and waiting 5 hrs. wanted to make an appointment but they were booked up for month and half. took about 5 mins for his shots. Upon leaving, my dog was prolly pissed he had to wait 5 hrs so decided to take a dump in the lobby floor. *kinda ok with it*

appointment highly recommended. took my dog there to get shots last time and waiting 5 hrs. wanted to make an appointment but they were booked up for month and half. took about 5 mins for his shots. Upon leaving, my dog was prolly pissed he had to wait 5 hrs so decided to take a dump in the lobby floor. *kinda ok with it*

:lolguy:

Can't say enough praises for Rascal. Our male Main Coon broke his rear right leg very badly and the cost of taking care of him was way more than we could afford. Luckily they work with care credit so I was able to get a card. They still went above and beyond making sure he was well taken care of before and after amputating his leg ($3000 and a lifetime of pain if we chose repairing it due to all the ligament and nerve damage). In total we got out of there with just under $1,000 total in bills

In total he spent 5 nights there and his temperament was great the whole time. His atitude when we stopped in and saw him was great. They had all spent time petting and holding him during his stay and told us how friendly of a cat he was.

Wouldn't hesitate to take any of out other pets there.