New car for the wife.

The_buster

May I suggest you don't spend all her new income on vehicles.

Her vehicle will be priority. Then down the road maybe after next tax return I'll get something. Unless there is a too good to pass up deal on an sti. As in less than 5k with less than 140k. Then I can make payments out of my paycheck and boost my credit -which has improved, I'm now good for 2700 at Kay Jewlers... found this out at xmas.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Her vehicle will be priority. Then down the road maybe after next tax return I'll get something. Unless there is a too good to pass up deal on an sti. As in less than 5k with less than 140k. Then I can make payments out of my paycheck and boost my credit -which has improved, I'm now good for 2700 at Kay Jewlers... found this out at xmas.

First thing you should do is go buy some jewelry.

Dat Buster!

new kia sorento looks pretty nice and very affordable. currently own an 07 mdx, very nice vehicle, downside is it takes premium gas. not too bad right now with the gas prices low at the moment. but once they start creeping up, my wallet will keep shrinking and shrinking

i'm lost??

so you're getting a high mileage, used sti from kay jewelers for $2700??

these threads are all over the place. i'm still not sure wtf is going on.

my advice is to find two extremely reliable cars--for the sake of having reliable transportation for your jobs and kids. spend as much as you can WIHTIN your budget to find the newest, lowest mileage car you can afford.

if there's any disposable income left over, buy a project car on the cheap, and occupy your car fix by slowly bringing it back to glory

My parents have always had a Dodge or Chrysler van for the last 20+ years with no issues. Mom currently drives a 2013 (I think) T&C loaded with HIDs, DVD, heated leather etc.. I drove it to Charleston, SC a couple years ago and really liked it. My dad just bought a 2015 Caravan for his business, but I haven't driven it yet. I don't know if there's any updates recently, but they changed the V6 a few years ago and the difference between my moms '08 T&C and her current one was huge I thought.

I know this isn't a financial thread, but I'd advise buying used to avoid taking a hit on the value. Plenty of nice used high end models out there for less than a new base model, and when you're hauling kids those extra options usually make things a lot easier.

They were updated in 2011 (exterior, interior, engine), not much has changed since.

i'm lost??

so you're getting a high mileage, used sti from kay jewelers for $2700??

these threads are all over the place. i'm still not sure wtf is going on.

my advice is to find two extremely reliable cars--for the sake of having reliable transportation for your jobs and kids. spend as much as you can WIHTIN your budget to find the newest, lowest mileage car you can afford.

if there's any disposable income left over, buy a project car on the cheap, and occupy your car fix by slowly bringing it back to glory

Im not getting anything from kays. I just mentioned that my credit has improved to me being eligible for a $2700 credit line.

I type like I talk. I usually go off on two or three tangents during one conversation. I apologize, the wife hates it too.

I'm just looking for info on some cars for the wife.

May I suggest you don't spend all her new income on vehicles.

Came to mainly say this

No, no, no and no. You do realize you are going to be in the same situation as whatever POS Maxima you had before this car, but still owe money on it then, right?

I can't even

http://www.hercampus.com/sites/default/files/2014/05/08/Jenna-Marbles-I-Can

Talking about sub $5k STi's and jewelry store loans...NOW it's a buster thread.

+rep

I looked at Kays they ran my credit and I ran before I did any damage. And I've found a couple sti ' s for less than 5k.. high miles and rough shape but they are out there.

No, no, no and no. Stop right there.

You need to buy something like this and stop trying to fulfill your ricer fantasy's.

http://images.nadaguides.com/j/774.jpg

And before you get any quick and nifty ideas, keep this puppy stock. It will only be a SOHC so...

http://i.imgur.com/7oaedVh.png

You still don't get that you have 2 kids and your wife will be the bread winner with student loans. Pay those off first, THEN get a better place to live that doesnt have whatever issues you post up about on here, THEN get a better STi or whatever vehicle you have fap'd to for the past few years and keep a cheap daily around.

I thought we had made good progress with you buster....:fuuuu:

I thought that was pretty good.... I've never had "decent" credit other than what I started with when I turned 18. I tried to get on the Matco credit 6 months ago to lower my payments and was turned down. I got a denial report from them saying my score was 560 or something around there.

Lol

Hummer H1. She'll be safe in that thing. As for the minivan, thank god my wife driving it most of the time. Everytime I drive it, I'm looking for shit to ram into. So another reason for you jackass in the left lane to get the fuck out of a speeding minivan.

Seriously, Hummer H1. She'll fucking love you for life!!

It was coming...

I looked at Kays they ran my credit and I ran before I did any damage. And I've found a couple sti ' s for less than 5k.. high miles and rough shape but they are out there.

I dont even know where to start with this... They have enough problems as is, let alone a 5k one that was BEAT TO SHIT. Avoid these like rats with the plague.

Get you're wife something reliable, take the CR-V and drive it until the wheels fall off. No need to spend more than you have to until you can afford to.

Take this advice. Drive what you have and save up money unless you ABSOLUTELY need a minivan... Man your threads are always so interesting... Your mind must be a wild place.

Came to mainly say this

No, no, no and no. You do realize you are going to be in the same situation as whatever POS Maxima you had before this car, but still owe money on it then, right?

You need to buy something like this and stop trying to fulfill your ricer fantasy's.

http://images.nadaguides.com/j/774.jpg

You still don't get that you have 2 kids and your wife will be the bread winner with student loans. Pay those off first, THEN get a better place to live that doesnt have whatever issues you post up about on here, THEN get a better STi or whatever vehicle you have fap'd to for the past few years and keep a cheap daily around.

I thought we had made good progress with you buster....:fuuuu:

I cant believe im agreeing with him, but EVERYTHING he said is 100% on point. You need to stop dreaming of having a fast car when you have a family and kids to take care of. The two of you combined probably arnt making enough to have 2 DD's and a sports car. Your time will come, but it will have to be later in life. You really just need to focus on your family, getting your credit up and a better job, and worry about sports cars and going fast later in life / in a couple years...

Like everyone else has said... I cant believe you still dont get it...

new kia sorento looks pretty nice and very affordable. currently own an 07 mdx, very nice vehicle, downside is it takes premium gas. not too bad right now with the gas prices low at the moment. but once they start creeping up, my wallet will keep shrinking and shrinking

Ill never understand people saying this. My gto has an 18 gallon tank. the differene between filling it up with 87 vs 93 would be a whole $3.60 if it was completely empty.

and to the civic picture... I need 4 doors

They make 4 doors. You need to get your priorities strait. Even concerning yourself with possibly needing to give your kids friends rides, is plain out dumb.make sure you and the wife can get to and from work reliably and leave it at that.