So, if I wanted to bring my boat to autocross....

cstmg8

Which suspension mods should I do next?? I already have pedders springs on all corners to stiffen it up a bit. CTSV 4pots waiting in the garage for the front, and decent sport tires in 245 and 275.

I have $225 at Jegs who carries BMR products. Which would I gain the most from; any bushings, sway bars, trailing arms, etc.....

Which would you do first?

Have you auto crossed before?

My .02 cents would be to get out there with what you have and get a feel for it. See what it does well, and what it doesn't do well then make a plan of attack to make the car better for what you need it to do.

Nothing worse than over engineering a car and throwing a ton of money at it and having it not drive the way you want/expect it to.

Example being, I went out in my bone stock MR2 8 years ago and have been slowly changing things 1 or 2 things at a time and the car for me is now very predictable and does close to what I want it to do with very few parts. Now I realize that a G8 is a much larger car, but in my world bang for your buck makes racing much more enjoyable.

Have you auto crossed before?

My .02 cents would be to get out there with what you have and get a feel for it. See what it does well, and what it doesn't do well then make a plan of attack to make the car better for what you need it to do.

Nothing worse than over engineering a car and throwing a ton of money at it and having it not drive the way you want/expect it to.

This, and make sure you have decent tires. I'm not very competitive in class with the V. But that doesn't make it any less fun.

See if you can get cash for the Jegs credit, and then spend it on entry fees.

Seat time will give you by far the biggest ROI at this point.

In autocrossing, go fast parts don't necessarily make you go faster. 85% driver, 15% car.

Chances are you won't be able to out drive a stock car, so like what was said just go as is.

:gabe:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/11/just-accept-autocross-isnt-racing/

Oh I know, it is more just that I need to blow 225 in Jegs certs, and there isn't much else I can get engine wise.

Unlike most forms of racing, putting money into mods in autocrossing will not have a huge impact. Like said above most of it is simply how well you can control your car. Sticky tires are the biggest difference maker.

I had my MazdaSpeed Miata for 3 years and never changed anything but tires, granted it's a well suited car for autocross but most of the changes I wanted to do went away the first time I raced it. It was too well balanced from the factory that I thought changing just one or two things would screw it up. Kind of why I got rid of it, I would've had to overhaul the whole thing to make it a lot better, and then I would've ruined what street manners it did have.

Now my Corvette is getting a complete Z06 suspension put on it before I autocross it for the first time and I'll adjust from there. It isn't what most people or I would recommend but I'm fairly familiar with both of the factory setups and the Z06 is what I wanted. This Vette was $10k cheaper then any decent Z06 anyway. Besides it's not like I'm new at autocrossing, and my personal goals involve getting good at driving a fast car, not really what I was doing with the Miata.

Put some BMR sway bars on it and set them as stiff as they will go. Made a huge difference on my G8. The FE3 struts from a GXP also helped out a lot.

I installed the FE3's with my pedders springs, so you're probably right about the sways being the most noticeable improvement I can make. I'm guessing body roll is not your friend in autox (or anywhere else!).

I'd love to do a track day, but autox will prob be a better starter lol.

You can autocross on any tire you want.

The difference in a v12 vs a Hankook RS3 or BFG Rival (200tw tires) is huge. You'll be 1-3 seconds faster on them.

If you want to have fun, drive on whatever you have. If you want to be the fastest you can be in your car, tires are everything.

I did my first season (last half of 2013) on Sumitomo HTRZ3 (competitor to the Hankook v12) and had good results. Once I felt the tires were limiting me, I made the jump to a 200tw tire.

Bring it out as is a few events and take notes, have people ride along and/or drive your car and you'll have plenty to work on between the ears.