AWD Focus RS

Jewtoys

I just like that the engine is in the correct direction. I might have to line up to get one of the first that hit the USA. I will rip that wing off the first day though.

I am hoping its cheap because its starting out almost 30Hp short compared to the Evo and Sti.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just like that the engine is in the correct direction. I might have to line up to get one of the first that hit the USA. I will rip that wing off the first day though.

I am hoping its cheap because its starting out almost 30Hp short compared to the Evo and Sti.

Did you hit your head before posting?

1. It's transverse.

2. It has more power than the Evo or STi.

thanks for the video. DROOL at 9:53 ....<homersimpson> mmmmmm, RS 200, mmmmmmm </homersimpson>

Ken Block starts hooning at 18:48......LOL @ Ken Block trying to read teleprompter

Edited by bmwohio

The interior looks neat, and imo blows the evo's and sti's out of the water.. but the exterior comes in third place (er, second place since EVOs will be kaput). Also, for some reason the "RS" doesn't seem like a visually striking letter combination to me - my mentality sees that badge as a middle model for some reason. It's possible I'm just weird.

Camaro RS?

Perhaps if we'd had the Focus RS here before its moniker would seem less 'out of place'.

Or, rebadge or debadge it. :) Rebadge it a base Fiesta. Really fuck with people who don't better.

I remember when I had my black ACR Neon back in the day. I was in the process of debadging it and as a joke, left EON on there instead of NEON for awhile. I pulled into a carwash one day and the guy there, as he's looking at the rear of the car, says "Oh, that's one of those new...*pause* Eons..." :lolguy:

Me: "Uh, yep."

Doesn't Subaru use the RS badge for the non-turbo impreza?

Maybe thats why it sounds like a mid-range model.

Camaro RS?

Perhaps if we'd had the Focus RS here before its moniker would seem less 'out of place'.

Or, rebadge or debadge it. :) Rebadge it a base Fiesta. Really fuck with people who don't better.

I remember when I had my black ACR Neon back in the day. I was in the process of debadging it and as a joke, left EON on there instead of NEON for awhile. I pulled into a carwash one day and the guy there, as he's looking at the rear of the car, says "Oh, that's one of those new...*pause* Eons..." :lolguy:

Me: "Uh, yep."

I, for one, am super excited for this. It looks awesome from every angle, the AWD system sounds fantastic, and I can't wait to try one out. It will look awesome on the showroom sitting next to the GT350.

Let me know when you get one, so I can 'try it out' also. :D

Honestly, I expect these to hit 40K in the price tag department though. So I'll just stick with my ST, makes me happy enough. Have to admit, Ford really has been blowing it out of the water lately, lots of cool cars coming up.

• 4 weeks later...
It appears that the Focus RS will be coming with 345hp and a real AWD system. According to the press release, it should also be under 3400lbs.

Dammit Ford.. Stop tempting me.

Any updates on price?

I think it would be a great winter/fun car but if it's $40k+, hard to justify over a GT350 for $50k IMO.