ticket for failure to yield to a stop sign

PRD2BDF

I truly don't understand this post. You are on a public forum, claiming to be some type of leo, yet admitting that you do "stupid s---" on the same roads you probably enforce. Thanks for not claiming the "I'm a cop too" get out of jail free card, but come on, its not like you don't know the laws. Tell me you work in a jail...

Tom

I don't work in a jail. I have stopped my fair share of LEO's for stupid crap, we are all human, we all do things we shouldn't. To not admit that I don't make mistakes or do random dumb stuff would make me a liar.

The last ticket I got was from a speed camera, I was running late for a doctors appointment, got tied in in construction traffic as their was a crash, when I got on a main road, 4 lane, I went above the posted limit in an effort to not loose my appointment. I kept my appointment, but got a $87 speeding ticket for the effort.

I was stopped for loud exhaust last summer by a local PD, we did not know each other, I don't fly FOP plates/emblems/stars, he was looking for a DUI, he saw a shiny car he had never seen before, and figured he would go fishing, no big deal, at least he was being proactive, had I got a ticket, I would have paid it and/or changed the mufflers, it's loud but sounds good.

I don't stop people for things I consider a waste of time, loud exhaust is one of them, not 15 over, "if" I stop you, it is generally a warning, unless your suspended, DUI, have a gun in your waistband etc.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was stopped for loud exhaust last summer by a local PD, we did not know each other, I don't fly FOP plates/emblems/stars, he was looking for a DUI...

That is seriously some of the most pathetic shit I've ever read. Look I'm all for LEOs doing everything they can to keep drunk drivers off the streets but poaching on violations that have nothing to do with how someone is driving hoping to escalate from there is absolutely disrespectful.

Then again, I reckon my personal opinion of how DUIs should be handled is probably not that popular.

I've never heard anything about a 3 second stop in my life. Come to a complete stop, if no traffic to yield right of way to, then you go.

4511.43 Right-of-way rule at through highways, stop signs, yield signs.

(A) Except when directed to proceed by a law enforcement officer, every driver of a vehicle or trackless trolley approaching a stop sign shall stop at a clearly marked stop line, but if none, before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection, or, if none, then at the point nearest the intersecting roadway where the driver has a view of approaching traffic on the intersecting roadway before entering it. After having stopped, the driver shall yield the right-of-way to any vehicle in the intersection or approaching on another roadway so closely as to constitute an immediate hazard during the time the driver is moving across or within the intersection or junction of roadways.

(B) The driver of a vehicle or trackless trolley approaching a yield sign shall slow down to a speed reasonable for the existing conditions and, if required for safety to stop, shall stop at a clearly marked stop line, but if none, before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection, or, if none, then at the point nearest the intersecting roadway where the driver has a view of approaching traffic on the intersecting roadway before entering it. After slowing or stopping, the driver shall yield the right-of-way to any vehicle or trackless trolley in the intersection or approaching on another roadway so closely as to constitute an immediate hazard during the time the driver is moving across or within the intersection or junction of roadways. Whenever a driver is involved in a collision with a vehicle or trackless trolley in the intersection or junction of roadways, after driving past a yield sign without stopping, the collision shall be prima-facie evidence of the driver's failure to yield the right-of-way.

© Except as otherwise provided in this division, whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to one predicate motor vehicle or traffic offense, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of two or more predicate motor vehicle or traffic offenses, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree.

Effective Date: 01-01-2004

That's what I thought. I don't get where people think there is a specified amount of time that you have to be stopped at a stop sign.

So i have been in portland for the last week and I will be recieving a Red Light ticket, which im pretty pissed about. Apparently, in portland a Yellow light is a functioning red light. I was warned by my friend that the red light cameras were everywhere so i was VERY aware of them. She never mentioned the "fucntioning yellow" till i told her what had happened.

I went through on a yellow light as i normally would have and in hindsight even if I would have slammed my brakes and that would have stopped me mid intersection and scarred the crap out of the kids i had in the backseat.

Im not very happy to know i will be receiving this. It was defintly me that it took the picture of, but apparently thats the law in PDX. Fuck those cameras.

I was in Texas for a wedding in January. I got a ticket for not stopping completely at a red light while making a right. It was caught by one of those cameras.

Update: they dismissed the charge and I didn't even go to court. I guess they didn't want to pay for an interpreter. Oh well

LOL nice. I imagine the courts have someone like that on hand, at least somewhere in the building. Besides, pretty bogus ticket. Everyone proceeds through those with caution but rarely stop.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...