Viper Shoot

wagner

Couldn't have picked a harder car to shoot.

Explain the process and everything you were using to shoot... ISO, shutter speed, etc. I'm trying to understand how you were hoping they might turn out since the lighting is uneven, but you still captured the whole car- the first picture for example. Also, how many lights are you working with?

Couldn't have picked a harder car to shoot.

Explain the process and everything you were using to shoot... ISO, shutter speed, etc. I'm trying to understand how you were hoping they might turn out since the lighting is uneven, but you still captured the whole car- the first picture for example. Also, how many lights are you working with?

I was only shooting with one light bouncing through an umbrella. I was shooting at 100-200 ISO, shutter was 1/25-1/250 with fstops from 2.3 to 11. This was just a total experiment to try and use what I researched online.

I talked with Trish briefly to get some base ideas for settings and just fucked around from there. I shot with my 70-200, 17-55, and 50mm today. I shot from a step ladder, from a trip pod, and from the floor.

Shooting with 1 light was going to be pretty difficult to get total even light on a car just due to the size of the subject. 2 lights would have been perfect to get even light on the car.

This was also a test session for me to get used to shooting with a strobe before I sent to GA. to do some feature shoots.

Also, shooting with a circular polarizer would help to eliminate some of the reflections in the paint, but i was more worried about playing with the light.

Next shoot with this car will be outside, at night. I also want to try and work on doing the "invisible black back round" effect at some point to.

Pic #1 looks full on pro....

No comment on the rest.

:)

KillJoy

If I had photochop I would have taken 3 shots like the first wit the light in 3 different spots and layered them together...

....but I don't have photochop and that would have been pretty complex to pull off so it looked right.

If I had photochop I would have taken 3 shots like the first wit the light in 3 different spots and layered them together...

....but I don't have photochop and that would have been pretty complex to pull off so it looked right.

^^ I can hook you up. Let's do lunch this week as I'll be at the office.

Also, go see Sonnie over at MPEX. He's got some killer deals on good strobe set ups to do this.

^^ I can hook you up. Let's do lunch this week as I'll be at the office.

Also, go see Sonnie over at MPEX. He's got some killer deals on good strobe set ups to do this.

I'll hit you up, hopefully we are not to crazy at work with all the changes right now. I just need to get one more strobe for now and I can totally light a car.

Wagz, I would say for a "first try" you did great.

Thanks. I'm my own toughest critic in anything I do.

What sucks is when you drop into the "pro" ranks of picture takes and see what they do, it puts you in your place REAL quick.

There is a good reason why good pictures cost good money and iphone pictures are free.

Next shoot with this car I hope to experiment with interior, under the hood, and maybe a bit more of an urban backdrop.