College Football Thread v10.0

bicranium

Add in the losses to Tennessee in the citrus bowls. BTW, did OSU really wear black vs PSU that year? My memory doesn't recall that, granted in 1994 I was 9 years old haha

Yep, black socks.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/7K2j09i1jLY/hqdefault.jpg

I hope I didn't come off as a dick towards your last post. I've heard from just about every source that we'll be wearing black this year against Penetration St, I just don't believe it'll be that picture you posted.

Zach Smith DID post this picture to Instagram this week, which many people took as a preview to a possibly black helmet. It's got the neon leaves and black facemask from the rivalry uniforms, but the smaller stripe of the normal helmets. Can't tell if the Instagram filter is screwing with the color, or if they're actually black. Also note the "Zone 6" sticker ;)

CMveloFVAAEAP9x.jpg

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you didn't, but the picture I posted has now been shared by a ton of reputable OSU sources. I am just waiting on it to go official, official. Kirk Barton tweeted a few weeks ago that black uniforms for penn state was a thing that was happening for sure. I believe it's happening and hopefully it is the uniforms posted with the black helmet you posted

I think Barton said that the picture you posted from Instagram was close but the numbers are going to be scarlet with gray outlines and then numbers on the shoulders.

I really hope they don't do matte helmets. They're so overdone at this point and a lot of the black ones I've seen over the years have looked cheap.

Also Ohio State flew into Happy Valley via helicopter in 1994, IIRC. I think they were trying to channel some kind of Miami swag of the late 1980's or something. Of course they should have remembered what happened when Miami played Penn State. Anyway, the helicopter thing was about as stupid as the socks. Just awkward.

Also Ohio State flew into Happy Valley via helicopter in 1994, IIRC.

Like a fleet of helicopters or what? I didn't follow the team back then but I can't find anything about this on the interwebs either.

Also, as pointed out on the CFB subreddit, today is the last Saturday of 2015 without D1 college football. We get NDSU @ Montana next Saturday. Have a Bison alum friend so I've watched several of their games over the last few years and I will be watching that one as well.

Neat little setting for the season kickoff...

http://i.imgur.com/pveXeLp.jpg

I think Barton said that the picture you posted from Instagram was close but the numbers are going to be scarlet with gray outlines and then numbers on the shoulders.

I really hope they don't do matte helmets. They're so overdone at this point and a lot of the black ones I've seen over the years have looked cheap.

I think the helmets would look cool in a black chrome.

P.S. DJ, <3 you. This mini-tirade wasn't so much directed toward you as it was just springboarding off what you had said. And my pent up angst from having lived the misery of the Cooper era.

I feel you, bro. Still, despite our obvious lust for reading one another's sweet nothings, I feel it necessary to defend my position.

You'll recall, my good man, how good the big ten used to be, from top to bottom. Yes, JoePa and his legions of dirty pedophiles (a gross generalization, I'm claiming artistic license) DID "beat dat ass" that one time, but Coopers overall record against the Fighting Paterno's was a winning one (5-3).

Also, a list of Coopers wins against ranked teams, if you please;

1989 - #22 Wisconsin

1990 - #6 Iowa

1992 - #8 Syracuse

1993 - #12 Washington, #25 MSU, #12 PSU

1994 - #15 Michigan

1995 - #22 BC, #18 Washington, #15 ND, #12 PSU, #21 Wisconsin, #25 Iowa

1996 - #5 ND, #4 PSU, #20 Iowa, #2 ASU

1997 - #11 Iowa, #21 MSU

1998 - #11 WVU, #21 Mizzou, #7 PSU, #11 Michigan, #8 TA&M

1999 - #14 UCLA, #18 Pudue, #24 Minnesota (FYI, the B1G finished with 7(!) teams in the top 25 this year)

2000 - #24 Wisconsin

So, no, it's not a sparkling win percentage, but there are lot of teams that were damn good on that list. Also, JC finished with a B1G winning percentage of 71.3, and 3 conference titles.

Look, was he the second coming? No, not arguing that at all. But, he WAS a good coach, that did a lot to move OSU football into the modern era of recruiting and competition during a time when the B1G was a deep and difficult conference to win in. Earl Bruce couldn't pull that off.:fuckyeah:

Are we arguing about John Fucking Cooper? :fuuuu: GODDAMN IT, it needs to be football season already. We DO agree on one thing, Black uniforms (:no:) can get right the fuck out.

"URBAN MEYER'S GOAL IS FOR BRAXTON MILLER TO START AT H-BACK IN OHIO STATE'S OPENER AGAINST VIRGINIA TECH"

I do believe I called that a few weeks ago...

Also, Joey Bosa was detained last night but not charged with anything. Not sure the whole situation, but it sounds like he needs to keep his head down and focus on whats ahead of him.

"URBAN MEYER'S GOAL IS FOR BRAXTON MILLER TO START AT H-BACK IN OHIO STATE'S OPENER AGAINST VIRGINIA TECH"

I do believe I called that a few weeks ago...

Also, Joey Bosa was detained last night but not charged with anything. Not sure the whole situation, but it sounds like he needs to keep his head down and focus on whats ahead of him.

What Urban's goal is and what reality is are two different things. Braxton's still got about 2 weeks to get ready for that game so we'll see but one of the biggest things people have been talking about with his move is the conditioning it requires so we'll see.

And from what I've read about the Bosa thing, he was in the vicinity of a fight at Midway on High but wasn't involved.

I feel you, bro. Still, despite our obvious lust for reading one another's sweet nothings, I feel it necessary to defend my position.

You'll recall, my good man, how good the big ten used to be, from top to bottom. Yes, JoePa and his legions of dirty pedophiles (a gross generalization, I'm claiming artistic license) DID "beat dat ass" that one time, but Coopers overall record against the Fighting Paterno's was a winning one (5-3).

Also, a list of Coopers wins against ranked teams, if you please;

1989 - #22 Wisconsin

1990 - #6 Iowa

1992 - #8 Syracuse

1993 - #12 Washington, #25 MSU, #12 PSU

1994 - #15 Michigan

1995 - #22 BC, #18 Washington, #15 ND, #12 PSU, #21 Wisconsin, #25 Iowa

1996 - #5 ND, #4 PSU, #20 Iowa, #2 ASU

1997 - #11 Iowa, #21 MSU

1998 - #11 WVU, #21 Mizzou, #7 PSU, #11 Michigan, #8 TA&M

1999 - #14 UCLA, #18 Pudue, #24 Minnesota (FYI, the B1G finished with 7(!) teams in the top 25 this year)

2000 - #24 Wisconsin

So, no, it's not a sparkling win percentage, but there are lot of teams that were damn good on that list. Also, JC finished with a B1G winning percentage of 71.3, and 3 conference titles.

Look, was he the second coming? No, not arguing that at all. But, he WAS a good coach, that did a lot to move OSU football into the modern era of recruiting and competition during a time when the B1G was a deep and difficult conference to win in. Earl Bruce couldn't pull that off.:fuckyeah:

Are we arguing about John Fucking Cooper? :fuuuu: GODDAMN IT, it needs to be football season already. We DO agree on one thing, Black uniforms (:no:) can get right the fuck out.

Respectable retort. *bro hug*

Damn, I forgot how much respect the B10 used to get - look at all of those ranked teams.

And wow, that 1998 team was so good. Thanks Plaxico Burress for ruining my life.

Could you imagine how much the B1G would get if Saban went back to Michigan St. Urban' date=' har bough and Saban all in the big ten. I would actually enjoy that.[/quote']

We don't want your Bill Belichek (sp). We will take Les Miles though.