College Football Thread v10.0

bicranium

It's the off-season now so hopefully this will last through spring ball/the spring game.

ESPN's second version of their way too early top 25 came out the other day...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12289032/ohio-state-buckeyes-lead-post-signing-day-2015-way-too-early-top-25-rankings

1. Ohio State

2. TCU

3. USC

4. Alabama

5. Baylor

6. Oregon

7. Michigan State

8. Georgia

9. UCLA

10. Clemson

11. Notre Dame

12. Auburn

13. Arizona

14. Ole Miss

15. FSU

16. LSU

17. Wisconsin

18. Arizona State

19. Georgia Tech

20. Tennessee

21. Boise State

22. Arkansas

23. Texas

24. Missouri

25. Louisville

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've re-watched so much stuff over the last month. Watched the regular broadcasts of the Sugar Bowl and NCG again. Watched the Finebaum Film Room version of the Sugar Bowl to hear the SEC people get really, really cocky up 21-6 just to see their world come crashing down. Watched the Film Room, ESPN Voices and Oregon radio call versions of the NCG. Watched the BTN Journey for the B1G title game again this morning. I think I'm going to re-watch the Navy and VT games sometime soon just to appreciate how far the team came.

I believe their first dumpster fire rankings had TCU #1 so they could count on the extra 6 billions buckeye clicks.

Yeah, I'm not sure what changed that made them move OSU ahead of TCU. Signing day happened and obviously TCU isn't going to have a top 10 class. I think their first set was before the deadline for players to declare too so Cardale staying and giving OSU at least one healthy QB with experience going into spring ball may have helped too.

I am torn on USC, they will either be really good, or a USC team that loses to squads they should murder by 50. I would love to get a chance to watch OSU beat USC in the playoffs this year, that would be right up there with them beating Bama in my eyes.

I have not forgotten getting our shit hammered at the coliseum, than losing at the shoe the following year. I would love to add USC to the list of foes we vanquished with this group. Though props to Pete Carroll, he could have beat us by 50, he called the dogs off that night.

Though props to Pete Carroll, he could have beat us by 50, he called the dogs off that night.

35-3 was enough of a statement but yeah... they could have put up 60 easily. Don't think I expected that from Petey at the time.

I don't get USC being so high. Yes, they'll be fielding the closest thing they've had to a full roster in a while but Steve Sarkisian is their coach. I don't think he's very good at all. They're coming off a FG win in the Holiday Bowl vs. a Nebraska team without a HC. Sounds like a top 3 team to me!

It's a complete rebuilding year for us in bama. Not sure how ESPN thinks we are top 4 other then we had a great draft class. I think they will be a 1 loss team this year no doubt.

Weren't you guys rebuilding last year, and the year before that, and the year before that?

We had no qb going into last year and he is gone now. Yeldon and cooper gone. Collins gone. Lots of crucial positions are empty right now.

Last year wasn't a total rebuild but we lost some good guys. The year before that we got fucked in the iron bowl so no that wasn't a rebuild. The two ears before that we won national championships :gabe:

For once I agree with Jive, I still stick by my statement that Bama loses 2 games minimum this year. I honestly look for either Mississippi State, Missouri or Georgia (finally) to win the SEC.

If I had to put money on a pick right this moment, I would go with Missouri, they have the easiest schedule of the 3 I listed and they return their qb who is pretty solid (Mauk)

I wouldn't count Auburn out. They look to have made some great moves and could be a very legit team this coming year.

I think we are gonna see a showdown between Georgia and Mizzou. I think Georgia is the east champ this year.

One team that is going to be the surprise and give the west shit is Arkansas. They got good towards the end of the season. I think they do very well.

If the SEC gets trolled by Fat Bert Beliema, then no team from that conference deserves to be in the top 4. That dude is the king of douches.

I think Auburn could be scary good. That class they just signed was pretty sick. Some of those kids are going to play, and be impactful, like right now.

than losing at the shoe the following year.

I was 12 rows off the field right in the corner of the endzone that Dirty Sanches threw the game winning TD. FML.

We had no qb going into last year and he is gone now. Yeldon and cooper gone. Collins gone. Lots of crucial positions are empty right now.

Man, that sucks. Losing all those great starters and having to rebuild with young, unproven guys? I remember when that happened under Urban Meyer at tOSU and all the team did was win the inaugural NCAAF playoff championship.

I was 12 rows off the field right in the corner of the endzone that Dirty Sanches threw the game winning TD. FML.

Man, that sucks. Losing all those great starters and having to rebuild with young, unproven guys? I remember when that happened under Urban Meyer at tOSU and all the team did was win the inaugural NCAAF playoff championship.

Work on your trolling.