College Football Thread v10.0

bicranium

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also while in Tuscaloosa on Monday the quality of women is much better then I have seen in Ohio. I will stand by my statement last year that Bama women>Ohio women.

Really doubt that, you really haven't been out much. Ohio girls have all their teeth. Well.. most of them.

Ohio girls as in a mix of hood rats, somalilian ninjas, meth and heroin addicts and a sprinkle of attractive white girls mixed in.

All I did when I moved to Ohio was party. I saw what the offerings were.

Tell me where have you lived and traveled to compare the offerings?

Ohio girls as in a mix of hood rats, somalilian ninjas, meth and heroin addicts and a sprinkle of attractive white girls mixed in.

All I did when I moved to Ohio was party. I saw what the offerings were.

Tell me where have you lived and traveled to compare the offerings?

Popcorn on standby....

Jive's an idiot, but having spent a lot of my life in the south, I have to agree that the women are generally hotter. Your Columbus fat fuck is the equivalent of a maw maw missing her teeth. Remove those two extremes and compare the remainder, and the south wins.

EDIT: FOOTBAWWW

Jive's an idiot, but having spent a lot of my life in the south, I have to agree that the women are generally hotter. Your Columbus fat fuck is the equivalent of a maw maw missing her teeth. Remove those two extremes and compare the remainder, and the south wins.

EDIT: FOOTBAWWW

He didn't say south.. he said Alabama. But if you compare Ohio to Texas, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, yes... those states win. But Alabama... really? Well, it could be Mississippi... lol

Tim Beckman (HC of Illinois) fired one week from the open of the CFB season. Looks like there is strong evidence that Beckman deliberately misreported injuries, and also pressured athletes into postponing, or avoiding entirely, medical procedures re: injuries...to the point of threatening to revoke their scholarships.

EDIT: http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/08/28/illinois-football-tim-beckman-fired

Edited by Orion

Tim Beckman (HC of Illinois) fired one week from the open of the CFB season. Looks like there is strong evidence that Beckman deliberately misreported injuries, and also pressured athletes into postponing, or avoiding entirely, medical procedures re: injuries...to the point of threatening to revoke their scholarships.

Damn. I mean he was going to be fired anyway at the end of the year but he really screwed himself. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13533196/tim-beckman-fired-coach-illinois-fighting-illini

So they should be a nice, hot mess this season. Unfortunate. They have some talent on that team and Lunt is healthy but we've seen firsthand what losing a HC 3 months before a season kicks off can do to a program. 8 days before kickoff? Wow...

Also, scary thought, there were a lot of people saying "Hire Time Beckman!" after Toledo gave OSU a game in 2011. I vividly remember reading posts from people after that game saying just get it over with now and pick up Beckman before it's too late.

Honestly, if Urban isn't ready to come back to coaching, who would OSU have hired? I think Pelini would have been the next target and then Beckman probably would have been somewhere in there. We are so lucky that Urban was ready to coach again.

So they should be a nice, hot mess this season. Unfortunate. They have some talent on that team and Lunt is healthy but we've seen firsthand what losing a HC 3 months before a season kicks off can do to a program. 8 days before kickoff? Wow...

Also, scary thought, there were a lot of people saying "Hire Time Beckman!" after Toledo gave OSU a game in 2011. I vividly remember reading posts from people after that game saying just get it over with now and pick up Beckman before it's too late.

Honestly, if Urban isn't ready to come back to coaching, who would OSU have hired? I think Pelini would have been the next target and then Beckman probably would have been somewhere in there. We are so lucky that Urban was ready to coach again.

They were going to be a hot mess anyway. It looks like they are going to have Bill Cubit as the interim HC. He is current OC was the former HC and Western Michigan and had a decent run . Offense might be OK, but I didn't think they'd make a bowl game anyway.

Captains have been named.

Jacoby Boren

JT Barrett

Taylor Decker

Joshua Perry

Braxton Miller

Tyvis Powell

This is Braxton's 3rd time as captain, and with Urban's huge man-crush on JT's leadership skills, there's no surprise he was named. Does that and Cardale's recent tweet (something along the lines of "I can only control what I can control, let everything else fall into place") hint at the starting QB?

Ohio State

Who the fuck cares

Who the fuck cares

Who the fuck cares

I really think the SEC and Pac12 Champion has multiple losses this year. Could a team like Notre Dame sneak in there? Clemson is a pretty common pick from the ACC, until they pull a Clemson and their hype is over with mid season.

I really think it'll be this

OSU

TCU

Georgia (the east is soft)

Arizona/USC

I wanted to pick both Oklahoma and Georgia for the playoff, but those two teams consistently troll me year in and year out.

I think (hope) USC turns into a car fire. I think Oregon will be vulnerable with a new QB. Arizona will be in the mix, but I'm giving the nod to Arizona State in the South and the Pac12 in total.

This is the year Clemson stops being Clemson and gets off the snide. Of course, Clemson is another one of those teams that troll people year in and year out. So, maybe I'm being idiotic for picking them.

I think TCU is not as good as what people think they are. I think Baylor remembers it's Baylor and implodes with all it's rapist on campus shit. Oklahoma will shit the bed like clockwork. Big12 doesn't have a championship game. Perfect reason for them to be left out of the playoff again.

Since Georgia will manage to self-destruct like clockwork and the rest of the SEC East is the equivalent of the Groveports and Hamilton Townships, that means it has to be an SEC West team in the playoff. Pick one. I picked Auburn. I could have easily have picked LSU or Bama. Whatever - any of those teams is going to get straight fucking smoked by Ohio State in the playoff.

Think I'm gonna go crazy with my playoff predictions...

Ohio State - homer/chalk pick

Georgia - they never seem to be able to go into a season healthy/without some kind of weird suspension (not too dissimilar from us the past few years I guess). But it seems they've made it through this off-season unscathed. Not a ton of certainty throughout the SEC and they've got Chubb.

Oklahoma - I have this weird feeling that TCU and Baylor are going to drop a few games a piece this year. TCU was a 4-win team the year before last and lost a lot of their defense from this past season. Everything is on Boykin and Co. to outscore people but even looking at their demolition of Ole Miss in their bowl game Boykin was far from perfect (3 picks). Oklahoma emerges from the Big 12 victorious and things start to go back to normal in the conference as Texas wins 9+ as well with one of those coming against Baylor or TCU.

Oregon - I'm just a big fan of Vernon Adams. Oregon has a lot of returning players aside from Masoli and I was never all that impressed with him anyway. Adams was recently named the starter after officially joining the team just a couple weeks ago. I am the conductor of the Vernon Adams hype train.

Edit: I just now read Johnny Bravo's post 2 posts ahead of mine and see him mentioning Georgia/Oklahoma as well...haha. Be brave man! No torn ACL's for Georgia's OL yet this year. Chubb hasn't gone out and signed everything in sight like AJ Green and Todd Gurley did... yet. Oklahoma is operating somewhat under the radar. And obviously I'm right with you on TCU/Baylor dropping off a bit from this past season.

Georgia has to play Bama and auburn during the regular season this year. They have a difficult schedule. I would be surprised to see them the sec east champ

They have Georgia tech, Bama, auburn, and Tennessee ( who is suppose to be good this year) plus South Carolina. They could easily be a 5 loss team.