is Jack Baruth on here?

Geeto67

I thought it was actually that boating in lakes in rivers here in the midwest was white trash

It is. So is shopping at Walmart and a million other things including working at a check cashing place and pulling guns on people for anything other than to save your life. That being said, I need to go to Wally World tomorrow

The incident happened when he was working at a check cashing place, long before he was an auto journalist.

If I remember the story correctly it was after he had closed up one night and was on the way to the bank with the nightly bank drop.

I' ve met him, did some detailing work for him and even watched an F1 race at his place before. Don't have a problem with him personally but he seems to be very good at rubbing some the wrong way.

If I remember the story correctly it was after he had closed up one night and was on the way to the bank with the nightly bank drop.

Correct...with, literally, tens of thousands of dollars in a bag. The story is that some guy in a truck was road raging on him (I'm sure Jack earned that with his driving, TBH), and Jack thought the dude was after the cash, and took no chances.

I'm not a Jack apologist, but I can understand how a person in that situation might think their life was possibly in danger.

Correct...with, literally, tens of thousands of dollars in a bag. The story is that some guy in a truck was road raging on him (I'm sure Jack earned that with his driving, TBH), and Jack thought the dude was after the cash, and took no chances.

I'm not a Jack apologist, but I can understand how a person in that situation might think their life was possibly in danger.

I'd heard something about this years back but never knew what it was. I also wasn't trying to apologize for him as I don't know the details of what went down. I do know him personally and he's a great guy, just my opinion but I don't think he would have pulled a gun unless he felt quite threatened but who knows. He's a great guy, used to hang with him at autocross all the time and enjoyed the hell out of his commentary and enjoy his writing now.

The other driver road raged, Jack got out and approached him with gun in hand while the other guy was still sitting in the car.

No cash seen, the other driver didn't approach him. That's why he was guilty, he was trying to be a badass with his gun to show the other guy up. This wasn't any sort of self defense.

The other driver road raged, Jack got out and approached him with gun in hand while the other guy was still sitting in the car.

No cash seen, the other driver didn't approach him. That's why he was guilty, he was trying to be a badass with his gun to show the other guy up. This wasn't any sort of self defense.

I believe he shot from inside his car, hence the indictment of felonious assault with a drive by shooting specification

I' ve met him, did some detailing work for him and even watched an F1 race at his place before. Don't have a problem with him personally but he seems to be very good at rubbing some the wrong way.

I agree with this 100%. I've never had a problem with him in person and he came off very differently online. We always had good conversation and he was very personable.

Also, don't forget that when Kenny died he made a 'good riddance' post on Track Addicts that Marc quickly deleted. That definitely rubbed some people the wrong way, including myself.

• 2 months later...

I read an article today about how the Porsche Macan is killing it in sales so far this year, and I'm reminded of one of the greatest articles I feel Jack ever wrote:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/11/avoidable-contact-cayenne-wont-help-ya-cayenne-wont-do-you-no-good/

I don't agree 100% with the "Trucks-water-down-Porsche's-image-and-products" crowd - meaning I agree somewhat but I don't think it'll kill Porsche as a manufacturer - but Baruth argues his point so well you can't help but be entertained.