WTB: Looking for car

BBQdDude

Got a friend who is in need of a car asap. I have, of my own money, $500.00. It is for a single mom with a kid. Her car was hit/skipped so she is down and out (state minimum insurance doh).

Anything semi reliable in this price range? I would go higher but being spur of the moment it is all I have in cash. Just trying to help out a deserving person.

Generally speaking when someone is looking in this price range, I recommend an old Saturn. They seem to be as much car as you can get for that kind of money IMO.

This.

I drive an SL1 everyday, owned it for a year, put almost 20,000 on it. It needed a radiator and that's it, everything else I've replaced (battery, motor mounts, exhaust parts, valve cover gasket) were all things I saw as annoying. I see 40mpg on the freeway during the summer and it has never let me down. 167k and still runs like a dream.

Caveat: The are little rattle boxes with some miles.

Too weird, I have a line on a Saturn. I will find out tonight if I can pick it up for her.

I know it is the worst time of year for buying a cheap car. Ballers and tax refunds lol.

Too weird, I have a line on a Saturn. I will find out tonight if I can pick it up for her.

I know it is the worst time of year for buying a cheap car. Ballers and tax refunds lol.

Most common question I hear in February: "Do you have any good trucks for $2500?"