$10,000 off Cruze Diesel

zeitgeist57

Is that really 10k off MSRP new?

Shit might be an investment when gas pops back up..

According to their Web site, you have to be a member of the Florida Farm Bureau, have a trade-in and own a GM vehicle. That's worth about $3500. I'm sure there's more incentives you have to qualify for.

The Cruze is a decent little car, but the deisel is stupid. There really isn't any reason to go with the deisel over the gas considering the eco gets better mpg and is much cheaper msrp. The Cruze deisel just isn't selling so offer some serious incentive is seriouslh needed.

I personally don't care for it anyway, it sounds like a tractor and its a turd.

Love the diesel. Drove across the country for less than $100, BOOM. 700+ miles per high 13 low 14 gallon range

Damn, that's a 55-gal tank to achieve that kind of distance. I assume the whole trunk is fuel tank. That's over double the capacity than the fuel tank in my truck.

Cool ...

Damn, that's a 55-gal tank to achieve that kind of distance. I assume the whole trunk is fuel tank. That's over double the capacity than the fuel tank in my truck.

Cool ...

You read that wrong. 46mpg rating times 13-14 gallon tank 600+miles or more etc per tank

You read that wrong. 46mpg rating times 13-14 gallon tank 600+miles or more etc per tank

Numbers still don't make sense unless your hyper-mileing

There is NO way you get from Denver to the other side of the Rockies at 40 anything MPG. But either way I'm sure it was cheaper and more"rewarding" then flying. :)

Numbers still don't make sense unless your hyper-mileing

There is NO way you get from Denver to the other side of the Rockies at 40 anything MPG. But either way I'm sure it was cheaper and more"rewarding" then flying. :)

That's another interesting characteristic of diesel vehicles. Thanks to fueling method and turbo, altitude doesn't matter much.

Bullfuck. I drove an unloaded 3500 from Vegas to Ohio-felt like it lost 100hp at altitude.

I'm not saying it's a universal truth to apply to every car and truck, because you'll have a lot of variables in there with calibration and emissions. :)

I can't feel the difference between 27psi and 32psi (he351) on my 3500, which is the loss at 10,000 feet.

Can't see the difference at the pump, either. EGTs are higher, but that truck doesn't compensate for EGT.

Same experience with a 200hp VW ALH TDI through the mountains.

TBH, I don't know about the Cruze, though. Haven't driven one or looked at the tune yet.

Edited by lag wagon