Cheap place to get tires unmounted? around worthington area

bucd

Hello,

I'm looking to sell some wheels off a car i just bought. Just need to get tires off wheels. Cheapest place to do this? I will be keeping 3 of the 4 tires to resell as well.

So just need to get them off the wheels.

thanks in advance,

-D

Please give Phil Alspach^a call at (614)888-8100. He is a member of SCCA OVR and he lives off of Flint Rd. He has a tire mounting machine and a balancer. He may not remember me, but feel free to mention my name.

Please give Phil Alspach^a call at (614)888-8100. He is a member of SCCA OVR and he lives off of Flint Rd. He has a tire mounting machine and a balancer. He may not remember me, but feel free to mention my name.

Awesome. Thank you sir.

-D

tire discounters or walmart

Both were expensive as fuck.

Firestone did all 4 of mine last week with new valve stems and tire disposal for $68. This was for mount and balance. I think if you just want them removed it'd be half that price.

Firestone did all 4 of mine last week with new valve stems and tire disposal for $68. This was for mount and balance. I think if you just want them removed it'd be half that price.

Every time I step foot Into tire Discounters on broad it's $15 a tire mounted and balanced with disposal, even if they have to dismount a old tire or not

Katz tires out on Hamilton road will unmount for $20, this for all 4. I didn't want to drive out that far. I got in touch with Phil since he's close by.

thank you all,

-D

Edited by bucd

• 1 month later...

Firestone on State St. in Westerville just quoted me $75 for swapping tires on 2 wheels. :lolguy: Guy didn't sound like he knew what he was doing anyway.

I used Phil Alspach (614)888-8100.

I have to say, it was fun talking with him. He's 77 and still races his rx7. He has a mint one that he bought brand new in his garage with under 50k miles. Always love meeting someone like this. Showed me pics of his old rides of what he raced.

-D

I used Phil Alspach (614)888-8100.

I have to say, it was fun talking with him. He's 77 and still races his rx7. He has a mint one that he bought brand new in his garage with under 50k miles. Always love meeting someone like this. Showed me pics of his old rides of what he raced.

-D

I need an alignment too. IPS gave me a good quote on both, called to make the appointment and was told their tire machine is broke.

Would love to hear the stories and see the rx7's though.

I need an alignment too. IPS gave me a good quote on both, called to make the appointment and was told their tire machine is broke.

Would love to hear the stories and see the rx7's though.

If you still need to get it done, hit up Andy (STarner) at Tire Discounters. He's out east though, it was a bit of a drive for me or i would have went there.

-D

not sure where you guys are getting that Walmart is expensive but its $5 a tire for removing and putting on a new tire. (not including balancing or valve stem)

straight did my trailer tires for $20

Phil Alspach, TCR Group 888-8100, has a tire mounting business targeted at motorsports folks. Runs out of his house. Near I270 and North High.

Googled his address via the phone #, it's a mile away from work. Went ahead and called him. Awesome guy on the phone, dropping off my wheels and tires tonight after work for him to do at his leisure. I'll figure out the alignment later.

Thanks Guys!