My new ST

Ackbar00

The more I research the ST line, the more I see they fit my needs.

Going to try and test drive a Fuckus ST tonight, and if the dealer is going to play ball I will drive it off the lot.

I don't NEED the car, but if they are willing to wheel and deal I'll make rain.

I say this not because you are unfamiliar with the car business, but just to save you some time. If you know what a good offer is, and know that it's something the dealer should be able to do, just lay that number on the table instead of asking for "their best deal."

Fastest and easiest car deals in my experience are always the ones where a customer knows what I can sell a car for, tells me that's what it takes to earn their business, and then we do the deal. Going back and forth with offers and negotiations is pretty much pointless in today's car market.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to the ST, nice car, but there are better options out there for you. Start a new thread and I'm sure you'll get about 50 different opinions on what to buy. Haha.

of course there are better options. i could show up to the track in a GT3 if i wanted---look like a big douche poser, and then wreck it into the wall. i will probably look like a douche regardless, just rather not show up with a sweet car, and then suck ass.

i'd rather buy a used version of a high production car, where parts/support are readily available. a car that will be a decent intro to the sport. if i like it, i can upgrade. if i don't like it, i have a car that is not crazy expensive, and has good gas mileage, etc. if i wreck it into the wall after 5 minutes on the track---well, i won't be heartbroken

I say this not because you are unfamiliar with the car business, but just to save you some time. If you know what a good offer is, and know that it's something the dealer should be able to do, just lay that number on the table instead of asking for "their best deal."

Fastest and easiest car deals in my experience are always the ones where a customer knows what I can sell a car for, tells me that's what it takes to earn their business, and then we do the deal. Going back and forth with offers and negotiations is pretty much pointless in today's car market.

I worked in retail long enough to never ask for "the best deal" I've got a number in my head, going to do a bit more research to confirm those numbers give or take.

I don't play the back and forth game, if you can't do the number and make what you need that's fine, but I'm not going to play grab ass.

Those idiots up at Chesrown tried that with me, they sent the asshole owner out to me, he tried the same stuff, I just turned around and walked out mid sentence when I saw how he was.

I'm a reasonable person, if you can't do something I understand, don't try to blow smoke and give me lip service.

of course there are better options. i could show up to the track in a GT3 if i wanted---look like a big douche poser, and then wreck it into the wall. i will probably look like a douche regardless, just rather not show up with a sweet car, and then suck ass.

i'd rather buy a used version of a high production car, where parts/support are readily available. a car that will be a decent intro to the sport. if i like it, i can upgrade. if i don't like it, i have a car that is not crazy expensive, and has good gas mileage, etc. if i wreck it into the wall after 5 minutes on the track---well, i won't be heartbroken

I agree with your points, but think you should look for a well kept and slightly track prepped e46 M3 instead. Then buy track insurance.

We have alot of people that buy poser cars and then turn around and want to learn how to drive them to their limits after the fact. Not exactly the weapon we'd like to see a green student in but given discipline, the right attitude to learn and more importantly the ability to listen those individuals can be molded into great drivers.

You already have the weapon of choice in your impressive garage. Pull the Vette out, prep it, get a good instructor, drive with your head on your shoulders and you'll be just fine. I'm assuming you are near Road America which is a major HP track and would be a hoot to drive in your car.

I worked in retail long enough to never ask for "the best deal" I've got a number in my head, going to do a bit more research to confirm those numbers give or take.

I don't play the back and forth game, if you can't do the number and make what you need that's fine, but I'm not going to play grab ass.

Those idiots up at Chesrown tried that with me, they sent the asshole owner out to me, he tried the same stuff, I just turned around and walked out mid sentence when I saw how he was.

I'm a reasonable person, if you can't do something I understand, don't try to blow smoke and give me lip service.

That's my favorite type of customer right there. I have neither the time nor energy to play negotiation games. People get frustrated when I tell them to tell me what it takes to earn their business as if I'm trying to pull one over on them. Either I will do it or I won't. If they want me to make an offer to them I will but no one's ever happy with it because DUH my offer is going to be as beneficial to me as possible.

That's my favorite type of customer right there. I have neither the time nor energy to play negotiation games. People get frustrated when I tell them to tell me what it takes to earn their business as if I'm trying to pull one over on them. Either I will do it or I won't. If they want me to make an offer to them I will but no one's ever happy with it because DUH my offer is going to be as beneficial to me as possible.

When I purchased my last camera lens I asked the guy, I can spend about X amount, what is your number that you need to hit to make this worth your time?

His number was in the zip code I was looking at, did not see the need to beat him up over $50 since it was close, plus he tossed in some free stuff.

We have alot of people that buy poser cars and then turn around and want to learn how to drive them to their limits after the fact. Not exactly the weapon we'd like to see a green student in but given discipline, the right attitude to learn and more importantly the ability to listen those individuals can be molded into great drivers.

You already have the weapon of choice in your impressive garage. Pull the Vette out, prep it, get a good instructor, drive with your head on your shoulders and you'll be just fine. I'm assuming you are near Road America which is a major HP track and would be a hoot to drive in your car.

thanks. obviously, i'm worried about wrecking a car like the vette, but i never drive it much, so this would be a good excuse to do so. i live about 25 min from road america. i end up going to 1-2 of the major events there per summer to watch. its an absolute blast. last weekend i went to a random shop's dyno day---there aren't many shops around here. it turns out, they prep road cars for several teams on road america. they had a couple high hp focus st's, and multiple gutted/caged/etc e36 style bimmers. it was impressive, and the shop owner was very cool. got me interested in road racing

Your GTR can be a track monster too, but the vette will offer lower operating costs and a more visceral experience. As Andy said just keep your head about you and you can drive whatever you want. Make sure to insure it too just in case you gave a major boo boo.

Already? why so? Get beat me a neon again :p?

Nice ninja edit. Pretty sure you haven't had the neon for ages so I'll line up against whatever you have now. :)

And already? Lol I've had it a year and a half or more, it's just onto the next one.