Fraternal Twins: Firebird Part II

MrMeanGreen

First off, I'd like to thank Jordan at Jet Auto Group for coming through and finding me another unique LS1 F-Body. This one happens to be a slightly newer Trans Am variant of my Blue-Green Chameleon Formula. I'd also like to thank Tina for buying this for me not only for my birthday, but so I would leave the Formula alone as I wanted to do a turbo and now I can have both :lol:

Anyways, it's a 2000 Trans Am w/ 86k miles and has a few mods, which will be going next year. It's an auto, which is better for me considering my body as I get older, the back issues, etc, and the fact I want something I can just hop in and go. No cage, 500rwhp, and just being able to cruise are my goals.

I took a quick pic earlier after I got home with it, we'll have better pics tomorrow:

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b584/Formulized/CameraZOOM-20150512160603912_zpswfczxwhc.jpg

Just wondering. Wish I loved a specific car that much. Wish I loved anything that much.

See I kind of agree with you, but I love my f-body very much. Maybe it's a little more sentimental for me, but the car makes me happy every time I drive it. I agree in the fact that I don't need 2 of them, hence why the Vette.

I got to look over Anthony's new car last night, and it's in really good shape. Considering most of these I see anymore get hacked and beat up or rusted, this one only needs some minor trim stuff fixed up. I'd say Jordan did a good job finding this one and getting Anthony a great deal.

I'll look forward to seeing at least one of my f-body buddies out again.

Congratulations, Anthony!

Just like you, I enjoy having multiple of the same car. At one time, my parents had three Toyota Land Cruisers (two FJ-55s and one FJ-40). I started with two Eagle Talon TSi AWDs ('95 & '96), then two BMW M3s (both were '98, one coupe and one sedan), two C6 Corvettes (both were '8, one Z06 and one 3LT coupe), and now, somewhat close to being a twin, two Nissan Zs (an '8 350Z and an '11 370Z).

See I kind of agree with you, but I love my f-body very much. Maybe it's a little more sentimental for me, but the car makes me happy every time I drive it. I agree in the fact that I don't need 2 of them, hence why the Vette.

I got to look over Anthony's new car last night, and it's in really good shape. Considering most of these I see anymore get hacked and beat up or rusted, this one only needs some minor trim stuff fixed up. I'd say Jordan did a good job finding this one and getting Anthony a great deal.

I'll look forward to seeing at least one of my f-body buddies out again.

100% agree. I love my f body and its going no where any time soon.

On the other hand, when i went car shopping again, i was kind of aiming for a 02 ws6, but kinda glad i went gto instead.

Im hoping to make it out more this year, but it wont be in the f body anymore lol.

But congrats again anthony, car looks awesome. If you wanna find out how slow it is before mods, ive got a stock gto that will give ya a run

Thanks everyone. You read about people that 40 years later, have several rare "insert car here" stories. I wanted something unique yet again. My Formula is 1 of 124 in BGC, my TA is 1 of 125 in BGC. Similar cars, yet not the same :)

Gary, this one came with a couple of things already, so it wouldn't be a fair fight ;)

nice car, is it a WS6? I remember when I was a freshman in college and drooling over a 1995 WS6 convertible in the local pontiac dealer's window.

How are these cars to live with at 80K+ miles? lot of small maintenance? or are they pretty solid. I remember the 3rd gens I had were absolutely trash by the time they hit 60K but I seem to see nice enough ones with more miles.

Also, what do they cost to insure?

Correct, the WS6 was not offered in BGC for any year, the Firehawk either.

These cars are very solid as long as they've had regular maintenance and someone cared for them. This one is no exception, it really doesn't need much. Hell, even beat to shit ones are fairly reliable and fun.

As for having the same type of car, I don't have a problem with that, obviously. I know them inside and out, feel very comfortable with them, and love their style.

Why "try" something else if I know what I want?

Hell, I'm still driving a Grand Prix. They're fucking turds, but they're known quantities and I can fix them pretty fast. Rebuilding the transmission in mine this weekend, in fact.