BMW waterpump removal tool?

zeitgeist57

Does anyone have a BMW waterpump removal tool? You'd know it if you did. http://ohiobimmers.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif I posted this up on OhioBimmers, but only got a smart-arse response from this AZN GM/Nissan owner that doesn't even have a BMW anymore. :gabe:

It bolts up to the in-block water pump to exponentially increase leverage. I am able to rotate it in the block so it's free, but I cannot get it to wiggle forward out of the block.

Any help would be appreciated!

Are you looking for the tool to pull the pulley off the waterpump? or the waterpump out of the block.

for the pulley it is a 32mm wrench and the bolt loosens clockwise.

By the way, did you drain the cooling system before loosing the pump? otherwise you are working against vacuum.

Do you want me to come over?

to remove the pump from the block, there are two threaded holes referred to as "jacking points". Basically this works like a steering wheel puller in that you tighten the bolts and the tip of the bolt pushes against the block. Not a tool per se but more of a technique.