Ford dealers for service?

mrs.cos

My car is under warranty still and we bought it out of town. Is ther a go-to dealership in Columbus? Do we have any ford techs?

My brake pedal is driving me nuts- I'm having to use all of my body weight to stop the car sometimes. I believe this is a vacuum issue as it seems more prominent when the a/c is on.

However it's pretty unpredictable. Stopping that 4k lb beast is scary at times. I threw one of the dogs into my the back of my seat because the pedal "relaxed" into normal breaking mid full body push to stop

(I believe it's my brake booster tone the issue)

Does it have the eco-boost & electric vacuum pump?

I think there were a lot of issues with these. Coworker had one replaced in his IIRC 12 F150 3.5L and the dealership had a hard time sourcing one because they were in very high demand. Finally he traded up to a 14 or 15 (whatever the last year for the non aluminium body) and they changed over to a mechanical vacuum pump.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ecoboost+electric+vacuum+pump

Just some info. Since it's under warranty just go in and say 'My brakes don't work, fix it!'

I believe your issue can be handled under warranty by a Lincoln dealer, and I'm biased but a big fan of Bob-Boyd Lincoln on Billingsley. They're right near Germain Ford which I've not heard the greatest things about.

BB Lincoln is 614 863 2800

BB is a good one. However, I do use Germain and haven't had any issues.

Krieger on morse.

Fuck these guys. Mom bought loaded explorer from them. Took it in for first service and they took out the map SD card. I went back with her and they tried telling us the car never had one and we'd have to buy one. She had used the GPS just to get there.

Called Ford, and 30 minutes later Krieger is telling us to come pick up the card.

Cunts.

Any thoughts on Keim? They are basicly around the corner from me

I've only had the SVT in for alignment at Keim; no troubles there. They wouldn't do one on my Roush because they were worried, since it's rather low, about getting it on the rack without damage. Which I appreciated actually.

I've only had the SVT in for alignment at Keim; no troubles there. They wouldn't do one on my Roush because they were worried, since it's rather low, about getting it on the rack without damage. Which I appreciated actually.

Can confirm BB Lincoln's rack will accommodate a lowered FoST. Ours (FIAT store) wouldn't accommodate, unfortunately.

Krieger on morse.

Sucks X 10.

We have 2 guys here with Fords who've had misserable experiences with Kreiger.

One with an older Taurus with a throttle "sticking" issue. Huge safety concern that they played off, charged $400 to throw some parts at it. Which didn't fix the issue and to top it off didn't even drive the car. In/Out mileage was identical. Service Manager said the car was operating normally even though the car would continue to coast/accelerate when going down the highway with no throttle input. :dumb:

The other car is a newer 5.0 with a pinion seal leak. The first attempt failed with a seal that wasn't seat all the way in. The second attempt was just a attempt at re-sealing the 1st seal. This caused the leak to be worse than before any repair was made.

Im sure others have similar experiences.

Im super excited- yesterday on my drive to my studio- at a stoplight my car shuddered then showd the "Service AdvanceTrac system" and then that went away.. shortly after (while at same light) the car shuddered again and stalled while showing the Low Pressure Oil light..

Super excited.

*grumble grumble*

If you can get the light to stay on, call any ford dealer and see if they can at least pull codes and make an RO and note it. That way when you do have it in for service, there are t least codes to start with.

So many times I've had people wait to bring their car in and the codes clear based on key/drive cycles. Makes it very hard to try and find the issue.

If you can get the light to stay on, call any ford dealer and see if they can at least pull codes and make an RO and note it. That way when you do have it in for service, there are t least codes to start with.

So many times I've had people wait to bring their car in and the codes clear based on key/drive cycles. Makes it very hard to try and find the issue.

The car is officially parked till its appt on thursday.

The warnings did not stay in the info center. I drove home after the incident and haven't driven it since.

The car is officially parked till its appt on thursday.

The warnings did not stay in the info center. I drove home after the incident and haven't driven it since.

I just got back from a 6.5hr trip to near Philly PA and on the way home my AC unit froze up.

QC wise, I'm done with Ford. I like some of the cars and for the first 30-40k they are fine but it seems after that they suck. All cars do really.