Cadillac ATSv+ to get the LS7 :)

caseyctsv

I'm pleased to hear that. Although, I still hold a hope for GM to improve the LS7 a bit; variable cam timing, about 11+:1 compression, ability to run E85, and direct injection. The wonderful things that the L83 in my truck has.

Still waiting for a awd lsx sedan then I will be 100% sold

^^ this. for me absolutely. I'm still in decision mode but living in OH with rain and snow and colder temps even, to have significant power in a RWD car, limits the fun aspect to about 50% of the time behind the wheel if it's your daily.

I'm very surprised GM has put together an AWD CTS-V. I'll give up a bit of what performance AWD takes away to get the added benefit of capability it offers.

I'm not sure how much of this I'd hold to be truth. I've yet to see any other major publications talk about the LS7 in an ATS-V. Cadillac is still only showing the 3.6L twin turbo on their website. I do know GM has been talking about the 3.6L twin turbo setup for a while now. I forsee the LS7 getting phased out within the next year to two.

Not a shit talker, I'd go nuts for the opportunity to drive an LS7 ATS-V, the 2.0L turbo is already a decently fun car as is. Slapping a quick responding V8 that has all the torque available of a space shuttle under the hood with the 7 speed manual already in the vettes would be nuts. Especially if they keep the Rev Matching feature.

Cadillac is still only showing the 3.6L twin turbo on their website. I do know GM has been talking about the 3.6L twin turbo setup for a while now.

I drove a tuned CTS-Vsport with the twin turbo laying down enough power to push it to low 12's and it was damn fun. In an odd way more fun than the Gen 2 supercharged V8. IMO it was the way the power came on.

^^ this. for me absolutely. I'm still in decision mode but living in OH with rain and snow and colder temps even, to have significant power in a RWD car, limits the fun aspect to about 50% of the time behind the wheel if it's your daily.

I'm very surprised GM has put together an AWD CTS-V. I'll give up a bit of what performance AWD takes away to get the added benefit of capability it offers.

Upgrade your driving skills. More fun to be had in low traction situations with the right drivers.

Upgrade your driving skills. More fun to be had in low traction situations with the right drivers.

My 3 series would get stuck in damn near any amount of snow. Sorry there is nothing fun about taking over a hour to try and get out of a neighborhood.

There is no amount of driven wheels will help if a vehicle is high-centered. Two-wheel-drive Pagani Zonda or a 6x6 5-ton military truck would be equally helpless when high-centered.

Any amount of snow? Your 3-series will not get stuck in a light 1/4" covering of snow granted it has proper tires for the condition.

Stop making excuses and blaming the equipment.

There is no amount of driven wheels will help if a vehicle is high-centered. Two-wheel-drive Pagani Zonda or a 6x6 5-ton military truck would be equally helpless when high-centered.

Any amount of snow? Your 3-series will not get stuck in a light 1/4" covering of snow granted it has proper tires for the condition.

Stop making excuses and blaming the equipment.

Sorry next time I will make sure to go out and measure it to make sure the minimum. My point was rwd sports cars are not ment for snow period. Can it be done yes. Will I be the first one a laugh at when a VETTE or Camaro is in a ditch hell yes I will because that's just stupid. I don't know anyone who wakes up to 2 inches or more of snow and runs to grab the keys to their cobra. GTFO

Again give me say a tbss driveline in a sedan and you got a winner.

My original Quote:

limits the fun aspect to about 50% of the time behind the wheel if it's your daily.

I grew up in the snow belt of Cleveland and worked in Toronto for 4 years, living there 5 days per week for 2 of those years. I also drive all over the Midwest and Northeast to this day for my job. My skills are fine. It's the fun aspect of a RWD High Power car that fails 50% of the time in our environment.

Immediate throttle response. I have not driven an LS7 but look at the numbers the Z28 is putting down.

+1000

Having owned multiple 500+ hp stock cars (two turbo cars, three blower cars, and one n/a car) there's a palpable difference.

Hit the gas in a turbo car (rs7, GTR) and you're flung forward with the feeling of a rubber band.

Hit the gas in a positive displacement blower car (gt500, ctsv, cobra) and you're shoved in the back

Hit the gas at 4000 rpms in an ls7, and its like getting hit in the back by a 10lb sledgehammer. Nothing compares.

My buddy has a stage one s6 which is no doubt low 11's, and he shit his pants when I ran out third gear in my z

This would be a great car I just had a ats turbo for A rental and it's a blast to drive handles great and brakes solid a real drivers car to bad they are not selling better. I would buy one in a heart beat if it comes out as my daily driver and if they did all wheel drive I would stand in line for one !!!

This would be a great car I just had a ats turbo for A rental and it's a blast to drive handles great and brakes solid a real drivers car to bad they are not selling better. I would buy one in a heart beat if it comes out as my daily driver and if they did all wheel drive I would stand in line for one !!!

I wonder if they continue to change and use the v8 in the v if they will make a 2.0t awd version. But I also would wonder how many people would choose that over the V. I can see why ford didn't want the v8 to compete with the Eco but I think a turbo 4 awd and a v8 rwd option would fair well enough in the same platform