New-Old dude intro

EROtero

Hello all!

It's been a while (8+ yrs) I visit CR since I sold the Supra, but eager to be back (sorry still no Supra). Still living in the C-bus area, work as an architect, but my passion for motorwerks goes back to my childhood helping my uncle work on rotaries for drag racing. This time I'm working on my daily driven 06 VW Passat 3.6L 4-Motion (aka R36 eurospec), with lots of things already done so far but more to come. I hope I can be as good a teacher as I am a student in this community. Be glad to help.

Edited by EROtero
  • Upvote 2

Hello all!

It's been a while (8+ yrs) I visit CR since I sold the Supra, but eager to be back (sorry still no Supra). Still living in the C-bus area, work as an architect, but my passion for motorwerks goes back to my childhood helping my uncle work on rotaries fro drag racing. This time I'm working on my daily driven 06 VW Passat 3.6L 4-Motion (aka R36 eurospec), with lots of things already done so far but more to come. I hope I can be as good a teacher as I am a student in this community. Be glad to help.

Welcome.

Easy with the R36 talk, you have a tq converter :fa:

You have an intake exhaust for dat noise?

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o746/erotero/image1_zpsawx1g82l.jpg

Sorry for the bad phone pic through my office window.

Aaron, you are correct! I do indeed have a tq (and not happy about it).

Upgrades so far include full test pipes, Bastuck exhaust, CTS-Turbo intake, Yellow Koni Sports w/ H&R Race springs, H&R front sway bar, 034MS (rear sway bar, front and rear links, strut mounts/bearings, hd dogbone mount), SuperPro bushings all 4 corners (anti-lift), PowerStop rotors w/ red stuff pads, REVO Stg 2 tune, OZ Racing Superleggera w/ Michelin PSS.

Edited by EROtero

used to with the Supra, but have very little time nowadays.Very bz in the office. Would love to go auto-x someday with the Passat and see my lap times. Been thinking to swap the tranny for a 6spd manual (A3 3.2L or similar) or just go DSG, not sure yet.

used to with the Supra, but have very little time nowadays.Very bz in the office. Would love to go auto-x someday with the Passat and see my lap times. Been thinking to swap the tranny for a 6spd manual (A3 3.2L or similar) or just go DSG, not sure yet.

Only us bound vr6 manual was the Mk2 3.2 tt. Manual swap would get my vote!

Big group of us autocross weekly, come on out.

"Welcome back, Kotter."

Let's see some pics and hear about some of those things to come!

as I already mentioned, a tranny swap is in order and possibly a turbo setup, but I need to calculate this carefully. Car feels really good as it is, so the turbo may not happen at all.

• Casper unlocked this topic