Thoughts on Wheels: Niche M131's for the S4 ?

TTQ B4U

My new S4 has the stock 19" Peeler Style wheels with summer rubber. I'm not interested in spending a ton of money but is anyone here familiar with these?

Here's the same car with them on it. Are they decent quality? I'm liking them and heck could see them as the summer set and the stock peelers as the winter set?

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/02/cd51422a8a59dd61a5863b08cb260936.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/24/03845b837410905280c86d19f389947b.jpg

vs Stock:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj84/crms3er/blue_zps0mhvcq7h.jpg

I'm a fan of "racing silver" wheels on a dark car like this one, unless you are planning on painting black the chrome accent trims around the windows, grill and emblems. Those Niche are really nice tho. For exhaust there is only one place I would look at, Milltek.

I put a set on a buddys car, were very heavy and took alot of weight to balance them out. if your only interest is to look ok then these are for you.

They do seem to come in heavier than I thought and would like. 28lbs each. However, they do look good and what I've found they are about the same lbs as the peelers.

Muff delete and be done with it. :D

Non resonated downpipe or simply replacing the resonator with an x-pipe set up really seems to give it a good sound under load. My only huge concern is interior sound and reverb.

Likely going to leave it stock.

Non resonated downpipe or simply replacing the resonator with an x-pipe set up really seems to give it a good sound under load. My only huge concern is interior sound and reverb.

Likely going to leave it stock.

It drones at certain rpm range. This is vehicle dependent and each will act with slight variation but the consensus is that it drones somewhere between 2k-35k rpm. If you don't mind it go for it. Also getting piggy pipes to rid off the pre-cats helps keeping the engine bay a bit cooler which may/may not translate into extra power but drones even more. My co-worker and I went through this whole deal with his S4 and he ended with piggy pipes and Milltek cat-back, sound is perfect!

They do make a bad-ass sounding exhaust for the S4, but they are $2,100-$3,800 proud of that sound. :zoom:

If you google for 10min you can find it for under $1400 shipped (cat-back resonated).

My co-worker and I went through this whole deal with his S4 and he ended with piggy pipes and Milltek cat-back, sound is perfect!

If you google for 10min you can find it for under $1400 shipped (cat-back resonated).

hmm.....may have to look into it a bit more. Have resolved to save that for next year as I'm already pretty deep into mods on my list that I'm going to be doing this year. :o

Prices for ya friday tim

Thanks Derek. The stock rubber (summer only Continentals) is at about 50% according to the dealer, so let's just swap them over onto the new wheels. We can put winter rubber on the factor peelers later this fall.

I'd like to match the wheels in size to the stock ones. Not sure of the off-set. I'll let your expertise come back to me. I just don't want the protruding out from the fenders like a 16yr old kids car.

Definitely better than stock. I'd get something lighter if I were buying new.

I'm torn again. Likely going to stay with the stock peelers as the car I landed on has like new rubber on them.

I've switched to thinking I'll mount the Niche's with winter rubber. Will be nice to have some sexy wheels in the winter too :)

Here's the car:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj84/crms3er/20150703_165127_zps5gw6dcx0.jpg