Is300 vs G35 Sedan

Lauren

Hi guys I've had my Is300 about 5 weeks now. Recently I was offered to trade for a G35X sedan.

My Is300 is graphite grey pearl a desired color, manual transmission and has the LSD diff. It also has the leather and suede interior.

The G35 is all wheel drive, auto trans ( nice for daily) and its white and has a two tone interior I dig. It also has about 50 more hp then the IS that's similar sized and weight. This G also has lower miles and its three years newer

How would you compare these two? I was offered a straight up trade and considering it.

I rode with a buddy to Dayton for a Clutch concert in his g35x. It was peppy. We got pulled over going 90 on the freeway.. cop said the plane caught us. Then I took a pic of the cruiser through the side mirror and posted it on his facebook wall.

Well he wants a manual IS300. Not sure if you guys understand how rare they are. Factor in it has LSD and it's almost a unicorn.

I'm sick of shifting gears in a daily. I thought it's what I wanted but it isn't. Much prefer an auto for a daily. Plus the wife can drive the G since it's an auto.

My bro has had the G35x for years and we beat the brakes off that thing and it still runs like a champ. Great daily and great winter car with the correct tires! Heated leather seats and sound system is decent too! I would trade if decent miles/condition

Manual IS with LSD is rare. Manual IS, LSD, SportDesign with Navi is the ultimate rare IS300.

I personally would not get the G35x. Like someone said above, if you want a G35 go with the S with the 6 speed.

I owned a FX35 back in 09 which shares the same build quality and engine. I loved my FX so I imagine the G being lighter and more nimble with the VQ will be a great daily. I doubt I keep it til snow falls but if I do still have it then, it will be way better then the IS.

For those that haven't driven the IS its boring. The only cool factor is the manual and after teaching 8-9 lessons a day my legs are shot at night. Having to press the clutch pedal in isn't fun anymore.

I kind of read the OP wrong but manual is300's are pretty hard to come by now a days but to seal the deal I would compare pricing and that should be final factor. See what some are selling for and I think the guy who is trading you the G wants the is300 so try to get a bit of cash on top by telling him you've done some research and not so sure etc..

I don't know condition or years of both vehicles so hard to say exactly but I know from experience that if I were selling both vehicles the is300 would get more hits..

Well, truly it sounds as if you've made up your mind, though I find it kind of hard to get after reading your IS acquisition thread. Personally, I'd keep the IS (your current IS is exactly what I'd want), but I rock a manual daily already with no issue. Truly, for this area, the G35 is probably the better daily with auto and awd, but I can almost guarantee it doesn't hold up as well as the IS, especially interior, etc.

Why does the G35 owner want to trade so badly? Does he simply have the opposite priorities as you do? Is it someone you can trust?

The G is his old work car. It has since been replaced and now he is looking for something as a toy from our conversation. It's probably easier to trade then try selling his then purchase mine. From a financial standpoint it's a good deal for me.

My schedule filled up this afternoon so I won't be meeting him today. We rescheduled til Saturday.