Ford Focus RS pricing leaked

caseyctsv

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if serious, or hit head hard enough to become retarded.

Fixed for you Jones. :p

I mean. Maybe its a price point thing. Maybe I'm just poor, but I would be pissed if someone wrecked my shit and I had to keep a car that someone else ruined for me.

Nah, I just forgot what CR really is. Feels good though.

Fixed for you Jones. :p

I mean. Maybe its a price point thing. Maybe I'm just poor, but I would be pissed if someone wrecked my shit and I had to keep a car that someone else ruined for me.

Nah, I just forgot what CR really is. Feels good though.

I think you forgot it's a car, let alone a FOCUS, let alone an AWD FOCUS.

Cars are meant to be driven.

Everything I have and will ever own will be driven in all seasons...

I think you forgot it's a car, let alone a FOCUS, let alone an AWD FOCUS.

Cars are meant to be driven.

Everything I have and will ever own will be driven in all seasons...

I didn't forget, I'm just pissed I don't have a 40k winter beater.

Come on Kelso, rack up another burn. :p

Only a potato would take their 40k Focus out for snowy/icy winter traffic in Columbus.

Also, At what power level does the AWD system become equally sketchy in snow? Yah yah yah, AWD is the king dick of snow driving. If you don't drive responsibly, it will just be that much more dangerous. Just sayin, when all 4 wheels are spinning, you change lanes that much quicker.

I don't think the AWD will become sketchy. It will perform better than RWD or FWD in snow when driven responsibly. Nothing will save stupid.

In terms of driving it in all weather......it's a freaking car. A Ford, not a summer only Lambo. Perhaps a generalization but the reality is if you buy a $40k+ car, and don't do so eating beans and rice, chances are there's no fucks given about weather related wear and tear.

I drive the shit out of all of my cars without a single fuck given. Cars were meant to be driven. Period. If I drive my gtr all winter long and in the snow, you can only imagine what I would do with a focus. I'm going to be in Columbus on Thursday with my raptor and if I can find that stupid speed bump, I promise a 40+mph jump.

I can remember the days when I wouldn't take my cobra out if there was a chance of rain. Wtf was i thinking?

I can remember the days when I wouldn't take my cobra out if there was a chance of rain. Wtf was i thinking?

I think most everyone has been there. Not sure if it changes with age/wisdom or just after kids enter the picture. :o The only time this really still pisses me off is if I clean the car and the weather shows rain for one freaking day. Usually the forecast updates as I'm drying it off and shows rain the day after :mad: That's when I keep it home and drive another car. Fuck mother nature at times.

The only concern for me when driving a vehicle is salt. If I don't drive a "nice" car in the winter, it's because I don't want rust. That is one of the few things IMHO that TX has going for it...virtually no rust on the cars down here. So this past Feb, I said fk it and took my nearly mint, built GSX out in the snow and ice several times. My only reservation about doing that up north would be, as I said, salt=rust.

The only concern for me when driving a vehicle is salt. If I don't drive a "nice" car in the winter, it's because I don't want rust. That is one of the few things IMHO that TX has going for it...virtually no rust on the cars down here. So this past Feb, I said fk it and took my nearly mint, built GSX out in the snow and ice several times. My only reservation about doing that up north would be, as I said, salt=rust.

this

i was just out in Seattle/Tacoma/Portland. the number of rust-free cars was refreshing. all the little 80s-90s toyota trucks running around with solid bodies, silverados with clean rockers, TJs with black frames!

The only concern for me when driving a vehicle is salt. If I don't drive a "nice" car in the winter, it's because I don't want rust.

The reality is though cars today don't rust like they used to. Even looking in parking lot at my office, there are mid 90's cars there that don't have a spec of rust and are just typical daily drivers aka not cared for like we would care for ours. Headlights craze and fade and seats crack before rust seems to set in.

I don't keep cars long enough to rust. That's someone else's problem. Plus I wash my cars all winter long at the touch less wash. I love telling the story of coming out to the garage to find my 4 year old boy writing on my gtr with sidewalk chalk.

The reality is though cars today don't rust like they used to. Even looking in parking lot at my office, there are mid 90's cars there that don't have a spec of rust and are just typical daily drivers aka not cared for like we would care for ours. Headlights craze and fade and seats crack before rust seems to set in.

It's funny you mention that. The early 90s is when the steel industry had made major leaps forward in galvanization processes and all automotive steel became double-galvanized which pretty much eliminated all major rust-prone surfaces, both on the outside and the inside of car bodies.

EDIT: Double galvanization has been around since the mid 80s, yes, but the early 90s is when the truly high tech processes and materials were perfected, as I understand it.

I don't keep cars long enough to rust. That's someone else's problem. Plus I wash my cars all winter long at the touch less wash. I love telling the story of coming out to the garage to find my 4 year old boy writing on my gtr with sidewalk chalk.

Awesome!!! :lol:

Are you talking about the body, or undercarriage and bumpers?

The body on my 91 GSX is very clean.

The undercarriage however have rust on the rear suspension components, and crash beams.