People with Chain Linked Fences

smokin5s

How do you keep the grass controlled? I've been using a weed eater, but it goes through cord like no ones business going around that fence... I am just hoping there is a tool or chemical that can be put down that handles the grass better....

So what does everyone use?

I saw this Easy Trim stuff, but I'm not too sure how well that would work.

How do you keep the grass controlled? I've been using a weed eater, but it goes through cord like no ones business going around that fence... I am just hoping there is a tool or chemical that can be put down that handles the grass better....

So what does everyone use?

I saw this Easy Trim stuff, but I'm not too sure how well that would work.

Plant shit :p

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/fe/79/2a/fe792aa00cb21418287ce99cc788fc55.jpg

about 500 foot of chain link fence... would look a bit ridiculous if I planted shit around the whole thing and would completely negate the entire point of fencing in the yard so the dogs and kids had a safe place to run.

Seen this on TV, seems to save your line against fences.

Looks like Walmart carries it for 15$ , might be worth a shot to try. I'm still only 15 bucks so if it doesn't work your not out much $

http://www.walmart.com/ip/40651817?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=74&adid=22222222227028179714&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=t&wl3=59878402449&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=93942337449&veh=sem

I deal with this same fucking thing. Went through 5 pieces of cord just yesterday, and was thinking about literally removing the fence because I was so pissed. Honestly, most of it is my neighbor's grass growing into mine, and since it's my fence and I don't need it (no dogs), I'm about to sawzall the fucker down and let him put up a fence for his dogs.

Seen this on TV, seems to save your line against fences.

Looks like Walmart carries it for 15$ , might be worth a shot to try. I'm still only 15 bucks so if it doesn't work your not out much $

http://www.walmart.com/ip/40651817?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=74&adid=22222222227028179714&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=t&wl3=59878402449&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=93942337449&veh=sem

we have something similar to this- Gator Brand i think.. We dont have chainlink but we have hard rocks around the borders of our garden and it does fine

we have something similar to this- Gator Brand i think.. We dont have chainlink but we have hard rocks around the borders of our garden and it does fine

I figure for 20 bucks after shipping, it's worth a shot so I just ordered it... we'll see how it does... I don't have alot of faith in it, but we'll see I guess...

I figure for 20 bucks after shipping, it's worth a shot so I just ordered it... we'll see how it does... I don't have alot of faith in it, but we'll see I guess...

According to Amazon we have had this for two years - Nathan ATS it's our second head of the same brand..

http://www.amazon.com/Grass-Gator-8010-Replacement-Trimmer/dp/B000BQSWLW

my parents have a fenced in back yard for their dog(s) and they just use roundup on it 2-3 times a year, don't let the dogs out right after you spray and you should be fine.

Somehow, I doubt that. Especially, if they're heavy grass eaters. Some dogs are more than others. (And they don't do it only because they're sick.)

I use some heavy duty line and don't "floor it" when I weed eat around a chain link. With some careful weed eating, you won't chew up too much line. It helps to accept it may not be perfect, too. I have dogs, as well, and they really enjoy grazing, especially the taller grass along the fence (I have a wooden privacy now, but used to have chain link) so I refuse to use any chemicals. My dogs got really sick after the fuckin' apt complex behind my old duplex decided to use poison along our back fences without any goddamn permission or any informing of the residences. Not even the apt complex's property!!! I had no idea until all the dogs got sick and I noticed all my fucking grass dying along the back fence. :mad:

Anyway, no to the goddamn poisons. I wouldn't spray that shit on something and then feed my face or my loves ones. I'm sure not taking a chance spraying it in my yard for my dogs to consume. Just because a human or animal doesn't get immediately ill doesn't mean they're not being slowly poisoned.