Alphabet Soup is almost gone, only CTS and V left.

Draco-REX

That sux man, how sure are you on CarMax fixing that? My Bro in law worked there. I heard some stories.

Well, I'm reasonably confident I can see if the heat extractor and oil cooler are replaced. We'll see. I expect a phone call tomorrow with an update.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M3's are high revving monsters they don't have that down low punch most are used to (this is for the older NA motors) not sure on the newer turbo motors as I've yet to drive one.

I would say buy it based on that statement that someone drove it over a curb etc... Honestly after taking a car I owned to carmax and how in depth their process was I'm shocked they didn't fix that before listing it.

The good:

• It really is a great car. It drives well and has almost every creature comfort. I was especially surprised when the car HANDED ME my seatbelt! LOL.
  • The ride was very nice in comfort mode. I do think it rode better than my S5.
  • It wasn't bad in traffic.
  • Like the Audi, it was a nice place to be inside.

The bad:

• For 250 wtq, I was expecting a bit more punch. It's not a deal breaker by any means; it didn't feel under-powered, just not as punchy as I thought it would be. (You were right Aaron).
  • The seating position feels kinda high. That struck me as odd, but I can get used to it.
  • The front bumper was repainted. Looked like the shop didn't fully strip the bumper to paint it either.

Very similar list to mine after I drove it. Great cabin, wheel and shifter were great, love the looks, handling, pedal feel, etc, all great. Good noise. The bad was the lack of tq, and the bad MPG, even if you drive it easy.

I'd pass, too many cream puff M3s to get one like that, IMO.

You guys do realize that if I get a domestic and I end up hating it, I'm hunting you all down, right?

It's still fun in a auto and as a daily you might even enjoy it being a auto.. I got to drive a auto wagon and it was a blast still.

Went to CarMax to drive the V. Seems they misplaced it...

Hopefully it turns up by the time I get off work.

Sometimes I almost envy the knuckle heads out there that are happy driving anything.

Yeah. It's nice if a bit high in price. Problem is that I have to work tomorrow, and have a race next Saturday. So it would be two weeks before I could take a look at it.

It's still fun in a auto and as a daily you might even enjoy it being a auto.. I got to drive a auto wagon and it was a blast still.

No automatics. I've made that mistake twice. I'm not making it again.