any nissan techs here!

98WS6

So I just started having this issue. I have a 2004 Nissan Murano 2wd, and when driving out of no where I lost all power headlights and wipers. I scanned the car at work and I got a p1122 code. All I'm able to find is replace the throttle body, but I don't see how that would allow me to loose my headlights and wipers. Any help is appreciated because this is my family car and I dont want this thing stalling out with my 2 year old in it and being stranded.

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/82-1st-gen-2003-2007/15321-wipers.html

There are two things to do 1) check fuses, and 2) perform an "Auto Active Test".

According to the 2005 (2003-2007) service manual there are no less than 7 fuses that affect the wipers and washers. Check each one and hopefully you'll find a fried one. If not, then proceed with the Auto Active Test.

wipers-wiper-fuses.jpg

The "Auto Active Test" will momentarily activate all accessories that are controlled by the IPDM. The procedure sounds a bit bizarre, but here it is:

1) Close all doors

2) Turn ignition OFF

3) Turn ignition ON and within 20 seconds, OPEN and CLOSE the driver's door 10 times, and turn ignition OFF.

4) Turn ignition ON within 10 seconds.

5) The test is now started and will cycle THREE times.

6) You can cancel the test anytime by turning the ignition OFF.

Here is the sequence of what is supposed to happen if everything is working:

1) Rear window defogger turns on for 10 seconds

2) Front wipers operate on LOW for 5 seconds, then HIGH for 5 seconds

3) Parking lights turn on for 5 seconds

4) Fogs lamps turn on for 10 seconds

5) Headlights turn on for 10 seconds

6) High beam solenoid engages 5 times

7) A/C compressor clutch cycles 5 times

8) Engine cooling fan cycles between Low (5 seconds) and High (5 seconds).

I have never done this test but am curious to hear how it works. Please let us know.

-njjoe

If they don't work in the test, that means a fuse is blown.

If they do work, it means something else is messed up like a switch or other headache inside the steering column maybe

I'm a former Nissan tech...

Check for correct voltage first and then corrosion within the IPDM/R connections. Be sure to check fuses but I doubt that with it being intermittent that is the case. Check the drivers door fuse panel and if a shipping fuse is installed make sure it is pushed all the way in and not corroded.

Call a Nissan dealer and see if yours has any open recalls. I think Murano's had a alternator recall or something like that essentially relating to the alternator causing an open circuit and losing all electronic power. That was before my time there so I am just going off what was in some diagnostic flow charts for similar diagnosis.