Nice video on LSJuan at the shootout

coltboostin

One of the top Media guys in the DSM community took great video of my junk at the shootout. I know I'm working to get the car down the track, but this looks rediculous lol

This shows just how bad the car was fuel sloshing the first few passes-and you can hear me shut it down up top on the 10.3 run.

Its all learning-but I've got a lot of work to do to actually use the power the car is making.

Lots of hater comments on that youtube page. :(

I'd hate too! It should, and will trap in the mid 150's with the proper gearing, boost control, and traction-all of which I dont have right now lol

Not hating, but that is why Id have an auto in there.

When I retire, or want to go 8's, I'll consider an auto. Until then, I have way to much fun actually driving the car down the track. It will stay manual for a long, long time I bet. If the car works well with a new rear gear, I may chase the synco'd T56 record

I love how you just stay in it :lolguy:

ZERO brake lights :fuuuu:

Heck no- and tapping the brakes when your mid-geechie would make things substantially worse in most cases

How old were those tires? A stiff sidewall slick is a good choice for a stick car....it helps with that issue. One more thing.....fuck going auto.

Not 100% sure but I don't think they are stiff sidewall. I got them used-but will check.

And yup-Fuck Auto!! :p

Thanks guys!

855 SAE. 851 Uncorrected. (basically perfect air that day on the dyno)

4.10, stock Rx7. 1:1 4th, 0.7 5th, 6000rpm redline=THE SUCK

Why is it maxed at 6000 RPM? Are you just being safe or is that where the power drop off is?

Why is it maxed at 6000 RPM? Are you just being safe or is that where the power drop off is?

100% bone stock motor=100% bone stock redline :mad:

Now that the heads are off-I will put some hardened pushrods and springs in her. I have a Cam i garbage picked ( no joke) , but my tuner thinks its too big for the motor, and I am a Jackass and sold the LS6 Cam I had, so its likely going to retain the stock Ls1 cam. It wont carry the power to 6500, but that should get me to a better shift RPM in 5th so the car hopefully wont completly call on its face when I bang 5th

Awesome work by the way - I truly respect your fabrication and driving skills. Rod bolts are a weakness in a stock LS1 too, from what I recall. A stock LS1 cam should pull to 6500 I would think.

Thanks. Yeah it seems like everyone trows ARP's in the truck motors off the bat- but the LS1 and LS6 gusy seem to have much longer life on stock rod bolts under 7k RPMs. I suspect that with a 6k redline stock, I should be good to 6500 for a least another season....time will tell

As far as the stock Ls1 Cam, its a down hill party after 6k, but I just hope the turbos make up enough of a difference. I really need the RPM to make the shift to 5th suck a little less.