Classic Car Insurance

WideOpenThrottle

Who gives the best deals on Classic car insurance? I have had my '67 Camaro for two years now and I feel like I pay too much for this. More than twice what I do on any other car I have. I drive the car maybe three or four times a year and those are few miles. I use Grundy but wanted to see who everyone else is using.

I have a spotless driving record. No tickets in 10 years and no accidents ever.

Littleguy, who is it that yours is through? That's close what I need

Since I'm in Houston I use Classic Car Insurance of Texas, I have heard good things about these guys in Ohio, they are independent so they could probably help you shop for a good policy.

http://www.paigebyrnes.com/classic-car-insurance

I have had hagerty on the GTO for 15+ years now. Policy has been around $380 a year and that was for New York City, may be cheaper in ohio. $16,000 agreed value policy (under $20K or less than book value they don't need an appraisal). Limited to 2500 miles a year but any time I was running over, wanted to take the car on a trip, or I wanted to use the car as a daily for a short period I would call them and let them know and they were fine with it. Never had to make a claim but if I did I don't see it being a problem, a friend of mine had an accident with a car insured by Hagerty and she told me they were great to deal with.

I use Grange Insurance for my car and all my cars. I looked at alot of collector car companies and the restrictions and cost were all over the place. After talking with my agent, I went with current carrier. So the car has been appraised and under an agreed value policy with no restrictions for usage. Cost is $620 per year insured for over $70k.

DP

I use Grange Insurance for my car and all my cars. I looked at alot of collector car companies and the restrictions and cost were all over the place. After talking with my agent, I went with current carrier. So the car has been appraised and under an agreed value policy with no restrictions for usage. Cost is $620 per year insured for over $70k.

DP

What do you own that's a $70K classic? :eek: