Do we have a Ford Dealer person here? Have some questions.

SpaceGhost

1)Wondering if there is a Ford guy I should go to here to have work done, or just to contact and can take care of stuff. Other than oil changes I don't think I will be going down to Masheter for work. Just had a parking sensor replaced, took 3 trips and the handle still sticks up, I'm told it is supposed to do that. It's annoying, and the leather boot is causing this issue, it's too short. I'm not being listened to at Masheter would like to see if another boot would alleviate this. Would I have better luck at Germain, or Krieger?

2)Ok looking over the winter to find an Exhaust for the Coy07e, so from a search I looked around and read as soon as an aftermarket exhaust is installed my powertrain warranty is gone. Is this is true if I go the route of the dealer and have a Ford part put on the car buy the dealer? I'm just looking to have the car sound a little louder. Not trying to really mod the car. Seems like an innocent mod, not trying to remove Cats, will just an axel back accomplish this? Would like a little more "manly" exhaust note. I run across some others out in the wild and man some of these Mustangs sound awesome. I wanna be in that club too.

Edited by Benjamin

Axle back was relatively easy to swap out on my 13 GT. Would have been able to go back to stock in like an hour or so. The Borla ATAK sounded great on it.

I guess that is question 3, what are some axelbacks I should investigate/sound awesome. Any Ford Racing products sound good? Thanks!

I guess that is question 3, what are some axelbacks I should investigate/sound awesome. Any Ford Racing products sound good? Thanks!

Where do you plan to take it in the future as far as mods. Make sure you think ahead. For example, he Borla ATAK sounds amazing with stock everything else. If you plan to go headers in the future you may want to go with a more tame exhaust. The ATAK on my car sounds good but it is wake the dead loud. It may not be what you are after.

I was wondering this myself...

Does Nick B at Byers Ford in Delaware have a good service guy he recommends?

I've used Germain on Sawmill, and have been happy thus far (couldn't sync my phone after a week, and factory defect in a rear wheel), but have a few things I want to get looked at soon and don't want to drive all the way out there.

I had my fill with the Byers family with my Subarus. Not an option for me. Sucks because they might be the closest to me.

I'm sorry to hear that. I know you had trouble with your Subaru, but were connected to them in name only. If you want to give us a shot, let me know and I'll be happy to give you my recommendations.

Masheter sucks, I will not use them again for anything.

Yes, Ben, welcome to Ford warranty. Unless you find someone at a dealership willing to "overlook" mods, but even then, their corporate and field service will fuck you to no end.

This.... Fuck them!