New family hauler...

Got-Boost?

After looking at trucks forever and set on ordering a 2016 F150 we changed our minds at the last minute...

My wife decided with a third kiddo that she wanted more room. We drove a bunch of stuff and couldn't really find much we liked. She decided she liked the new Tahoe and found a dealer that would order what I wanted and give me the price in writing. Long story short....they tried to jack the price up on me when the truck arrived so I walked. I was pretty pissed at that point and wasn't planning to buy anytime soon. I checked all the dealers in Texas/Louisiana, etc and couldn't find a single vehicle with the options I wanted in the color she wanted.

Ended up stopping into the GMC dealer to drive one with the 8-speed. Told him what I was looking for and no rush finding one. He called me back two days later saying one exactly like we wanted just arrived at another dealer in town. He went over and checked it out for me and it was still in plastic with 2-miles on the odometer. I told him what I was willing to pay below invoice and he did a dealer trade and matched it without any hassle.

So after all was said and done we ended up with a Yukon!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/GotBusa/IMG_8302.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/GotBusa/IMG_8303.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/GotBusa/IMG_8304.jpg

We've had it almost a month now and I'm rather surprised with it honestly. As someone that's NOT a GM guy AT ALL and prefers Ford and European cars, I can say I'm really impressed with it for a big SUV. :thumbup:

So far it's gotten 23.8mpg straight highway and 19mpg on our mixed route. I don't plan to do much to it but the basics tint, clear bra, etc. and probably lower, wheels, and remove all the darn chrome when I get time.

I'm giving you a chance General Motors, lets not mess this up... :bangbang:

Congratulations! If I were you, I'd leave the appearance alone, maybe a few tweaks, a Denali can carry those chrome-plated trims well. Does it have a 6.2l? FFV?

I'm a bit surprised that you didn't get a better deal especially down south in TX-LA area. I bought my '15 GMC Sierra 1500 last December in Birmingham AL and I got 27% off MSRP with minimum effort.

Great looking ride. I'm hearing more and more about car dealers getting back to doing shady business. For a while, it seemed like there was mostly good business going on. Now, almost everyone I talk to is getting run around.

Figured everything was said and done since they gave me a price in writing, signed, and deposit given. They tried to raised it $2,300 when all was said and done. As much as I've seen that in the past I honestly have had pretty good experiences lately (until then). Our VW was a smooth deal and this was even smoother. I guess it all depends if you've got a trade or not and bring them a check and walk out.

Congratulations! If I were you, I'd leave the appearance alone, maybe a few tweaks, a Denali can carry those chrome-plated trims well. Does it have a 6.2l? FFV?

I'm a bit surprised that you didn't get a better deal especially down south in TX-LA area. I bought my '15 GMC Sierra 1500 last December in Birmingham AL and I got 27% off MSRP with minimum effort.

Yep, 6.2 comes in the Denali only (except Escalade), wish it was offered on the Tahoe though. I keep hearing that from people but I honestly just don't like chrome on the trim, grill, fog light surround, etc.. It just looks cheap IMO but maybe I'll rethink..hmm..

Honestly, this is one of the best prices I could find. Currently GM doesn't offer any sort of rebates or incentives on the Tahoe/Yukon line which is odd since the trucks have such big ones (probably offer $2-4k off by Christmas though since I just bought). Even the USAA discounts and a few others aren't offered on the 2016's yet. The 2015 has a few but not enough discount to justify. Most dealers around here don't want to even do invoice. I found a couple that would go under invoice but didn't want to spend $75k+ on a family hauler with options I didn't want.

Very nice, we've been looking at these with a second kid on the way. I agree that the chrome looks fine on that truck.

Thinking about something like this....

http://www.vividracing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Denali.jpg

http://www.vividracing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Denali-2.jpg

Nice.

Good looking rig.

Thank you guys! :thumbup:

Honestly, this is one of the best prices I could find. Currently GM doesn't offer any sort of rebates or incentives on the Tahoe/Yukon line which is odd since the trucks have such big ones (probably offer $2-4k off by Christmas though since I just bought). Even the USAA discounts and a few others aren't offered on the 2016's yet. The 2015 has a few but not enough discount to justify. Most dealers around here don't want to even do invoice. I found a couple that would go under invoice but didn't want to spend $75k+ on a family hauler with options I didn't want.

The rebate/incentives on the truck was crazy back then (there were equal deals this year too), GMC had a 20% rebate. I sent my offer through email for 7% more and I regretted it when they took it right off the bat.

• 2 weeks later...
The rebate/incentives on the truck was crazy back then (there were equal deals this year too), GMC had a 20% rebate. I sent my offer through email for 7% more and I regretted it when they took it right off the bat.

I kind of did the same thing. The price I shot him he didn't event hesitate on, wish I would have low balled more... :p

Congrats! I clicked in here expecting to see another CR minivan :dumb:

Nope, the wife has stuck to her guns on that since before we were married. Said she'd NEVER own a minivan and hasn't changed her mind... :lol:

I would be sure to take this by the first dealer that tried to screw you, and let them know how much you LOVE your new truck, and thank them for pushing you to a better deal somewhere else.

Looks nice, and that's some great gas mileage for the engine/vehicle size!

Nice looking truck. GM's new SUV's and trucks are defintley the best ones they have ever made

Every time I drive the thing I am honestly shocked at how much has changed at GM. I actually enjoy the thing and hope it stays that way. The 6.2/8-speed is a lot of fun for a big ass SUV.

Looks nice....

Thank you...

I would be sure to take this by the first dealer that tried to screw you, and let them know how much you LOVE your new truck, and thank them for pushing you to a better deal somewhere else.

Looks nice, and that's some great gas mileage for the engine/vehicle size!

I'd love to but they are 4-hours away and west of Dallas so not worth my time.