NFL Thread

BStowers023

If the Bengals stay healthy, they are as good as anyone in the NFL. The Bengals can only beat the teams they have on their schedule and guess what? They have. This isn't college where it's a beauty contest.

My point is they have not been tested. Same with the Patriots (I'm a huge Pats fan). I'm honestly afraid of these 7-0 Pats, they're playing the AFC East (Only Pats and Jets have winning records), the AFC South (Not a single team over .500), and the NFC East (best team, NYG, is .500) this season.

They are in no way prepared to play actual teams with well rounded offense and defensive threats IMO. Same goes for the Bengals. They at least have the Cards, Rams and Broncos left on the schedule so they get some real tests before the postseason, but how they match up against those guys will be a look at what kind of team they really are. I think the Pats are gonna march into the postseason 15-1 or 16-0 and fall apart in the AFC Championship game against a wildcard team with a shit record that had experience against some tough teams this regular season.

EDIT: Also health is a big if, especially if Bad Andy shows up to throw some more high balls that result in Marvin Jones (and others) getting ragdolled like yesterday.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't that big of a gap in the NFL between a good team and a bad team. Anyone can literally beat anyone. Being 7-0 I think proves that you are a solid team. Sure, the Bengals COULD lose their first playoff game, but that's yet to be determined and we can only go off of what we have seen. Thus far it looks like a 3 team race in the AFC and the Bengals are one of them.

Seriously!?

Can't anyone be happy around here? An Ohio team is 7-0 and everyone on rage?

Just like Cardale Jone, won three rings in one year (who else can say that?) and continue to win every single game the following season yet the fans are not happy, wanted to bench him.

I know in my head the bengals will lose the first playoff game and get knock out. But in my heart I want them to win the SB.

Bengals have yet to play in Prime Time, that special time where all eyes are on them and The Red Riffle morphs into Turnover Tomato Head.

Two Prime time games in a row coming up and I'm hoping he can change that around. Thursday night against a terrible Browns team and then a Monday Night game against JJ Watt and 52 other guys wearing the same color jersey.

Announced the Cardinals match up has been flexed to Sunday night too.

There isn't that big of a gap in the NFL between a good team and a bad team. Anyone can literally beat anyone. Being 7-0 I think proves that you are a solid team. Sure, the Bengals COULD lose their first playoff game, but that's yet to be determined and we can only go off of what we have seen. Thus far it looks like a 3 team race in the AFC and the Bengals are one of them.

Fuuuuuuuck Yooooouuuuu! The Lions are far and away from Denver or New England.

I am going to attempt to be Lions free this weekend for the first time in my life. I'm done until Lewand, Mayhew, and Xanders are given their pink slips. So glad I didn't drop cash on the Lion's 49er game in Dec.

Fuuuuuuuck Yooooouuuuu! The Lions are far and away from Denver or New England.

I am going to attempt to be Lions free this weekend for the first time in my life. I'm done until Lewand, Mayhew, and Xanders are given their pink slips. So glad I didn't drop cash on the Lion's 49er game in Dec.

Lewand and Mayhew have been given their pink slips.

Its Dalton for me as well. In the past, Dalton in prime time is known for over throwing his WR's and specifically AJ Green.

Now he has Eifert, Hill and Benard. I think Dalton can change the way people think about him in prime time tonight with the supporting players around him. He is playing VERY well this week besides last week.

He also has the opportunity to light it up with Witner and Haden ruled out. That Browns secondary is going to be horrible.

I'm a browns fan and I hope Manziel just gets destroyed tonight. I'm sick and tired of hearing about him and he will never be a starting QB unless he plays for the Browns. Lets remember last year, we got shutout at home by the Bungles and he looked like poop.

I do hope he throws to Barnidge all night for some fantasy points.

Go Browns.

As an admitted Steelers fan, I just do not think Dalton is good enough to take them all the way. They have amazing talent across the board but you could see Bad Andy coming out against the Steelers. The Steelers have given up a ton of yards to almost everyone but the Bengals could not move the ball. That game could have easily gone the other way which should not be the case as I think the Bengals are better almost everywhere else but QB. Big Ben at 65% and losing Bell and the Steelers were still almost good enough to win that game

As an admitted Steelers fan, I just do not think Dalton is good enough to take them all the way. They have amazing talent across the board but you could see Bad Andy coming out against the Steelers. The Steelers have given up a ton of yards to almost everyone but the Bengals could not move the ball. That game could have easily gone the other way which should not be the case as I think the Bengals are better almost everywhere else but QB. Big Ben at 65% and losing Bell and the Steelers were still almost good enough to win that game

If you watched that game, it's hard to honestly put Daltons mediocre to poor performance on him. The steelers D line was getting to him before he had much of an opportunity to find an open receiver. Not many QBs if any would fare well under that type of pressure. I mean look at Rodgers stats against the Broncos. Was under duress all night and threw for 77 yards.

I want the Bengals to go all the way, but certainly think there are lots of things that have to fall into place. I was really impressed with Dalton the first 6 games, especially when he rallied the team against the Seahawks. The Steelers game was not great but we pulled it out.

Tonight will be a good test of the Bengals to play in prime time at home, against the Browns that can't be taken lightly. The Browns have shown some potential, but if the Bengals can't put up big numbers against them I will loose faith in them beating the Broncos later this year or what could happen in the playoffs when they could see the Patriots.

I'll enjoy it, that's my 2 cents.

Second half was all Bengals. WHO DEY!

Bengals D shut it down. It looked like the D-line was less concerned with getting to Manziel and really just trying to keep him in the pocket.

Dalton looked good. I know a lot of people don't think Dalton can win it all but just remember when it comes to rings: Trent Dilfer 1 Dan Marino 0

Man I thought the team looked amazing during the 2nd half. I was a little nervous at half because the Browns usually step it up a notch against us.

That said, Bengals are 8-0 for the first time in history, 8-0 team for the first time in AFC North history and I'm happy as hell.

PS- Manziel actually did look pretty good.

Bengals D shut it down. It looked like the D-line was less concerned with getting to Manziel and really just trying to keep him in the pocket.

Dalton looked good. I know a lot of people don't think Dalton can win it all but just remember when it comes to rings: Trent Dilfer 1 Dan Marino 0

Manziel did look pretty good, when he got out of the pocket it gave his receivers a chance to get open, so I think just keeping his ass in the pocket was their goal after the half and it worked well.

• 2 weeks later...