NFL Thread

BStowers023

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jones was called for trying to get through a ref at Porter.

Also, Porter was not "out in the middle of the Bengals huddle antagonizing players". He was with Brown and turned to say something to Burfict when the team Dr. threw Burfict's hand away and Gilberry shoved Porter into the group of Bengals.

I mean, if we want to talk about people on the field when they shouldn't be, why wasn't Peko ejected for coming off the bench to shove a player?

or you know, this

QbwOK9k.jpg

Rule 13, Section 1, Article 8: “Non-player personnel of a club (e.g. management personnel, coaches, trainers, equipment men) are prohibited from making unnecessary physical contact with or directing abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures at opponents, game officials, or representatives of the League. Penalty: Loss of 15 yards.

So really, there should have been 2 fouls on Pittsburgh's staff.

1. for the trainer making unnecessary physical contact with with Burfict

2. Porter being on the field at all & or directing abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures at opponents

Of course, one on Gilberry also for "bumping" into Porter.

Peko got a 15 yard penalty when he came out on the field.

Rule 13, Section 1, Article 8: “Non-player personnel of a club (e.g. management personnel, coaches, trainers, equipment men) are prohibited from making unnecessary physical contact with or directing abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures at opponents, game officials, or representatives of the League. Penalty: Loss of 15 yards.

So really, there should have been 2 fouls on Pittsburgh's staff.

1. for the trainer making unnecessary physical contact with with Burfict

2. Porter being on the field at all & or directing abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures at opponents

Peko got a 15 yard penalty when he came out on the field.

So Burfict should have been penalized too for unsportmanslike for shoving into the trainer too.

Also, you don't know what Porter said to Burfict. The ref was standing right there in between them.

Peko should have been ejected for coming off the bench onto the field to shove a player.

Porter walking off with Brown and saying something to Burfict (I think Burfict's hand may hit Porter in the face)

giphy.gif

Trainer throws Burfict's arm off Brown and says something to him. Ref steps in. Porter asks about dinner plans.

What am I missing?

Trainer throws Burfict's arm off Brown and says something to him. Ref steps in.

What am I missing?

Burfict shoving into the trainer and has his elbow into the trainer. It's right there, plain as day.

Don't miss the fact that the second personal foul made the FG easier but the first put them in FG range anyways. Additionally, they still had 22 seconds and it was 1st down so the Steelers could have gotten closer without the penalty. The second penalty did not, in itself, change the outcome. Besides, last I checked, the Steelers drove from their own 9 to the Bengals 47 without any help from penalties, including converting a 4th and 3.

Burfict shoving into the trainer and has his elbow into the trainer. It's right there, plain as day.

I see the trainer walking into Burfict trying to cut between the 2 players and then throwing Burfict's arm off.

It's o.k. we see different things. Shitty refereeing, dirty plays, players and coaches are shity for the sport itself.

The Bengals lost the game with chances not too. That's on them, not the refs. The refs are the NFL's problem.

I see the trainer walking into Burfict trying to cut between the 2 players and then throwing Burfict's arm off.

It's o.k. we see different things. Shitty refereeing, dirty plays, players and coaches are shity for the sport itself.

The Bengals lost the game with chances not too. That's on them, not the refs. The refs are the NFL's problem.

I see the training helping a player who was knocked unconscious off the field and a player on the other team shoving his way between them. The trainer was not trying to cut between them, he was doing his damn job

I see the training helping a player who was knocked unconscious off the field and a player on the other team shoving his way between them. The trainer was not trying to cut between them, he was doing his damn job

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/f6/f67334bc58f2468bad15312669d5edaa0afe4c44de4eb56039994a47f00d296b.jpg

shove

SHəv/

verb

verb: shove; 3rd person present: shoves; past tense: shoved; past participle: shoved; gerund or present participle: shoving

push (someone or something) roughly.

"police started pushing and shoving people down the street"

synonyms: push, thrust, propel, drive, force, ram, knock, elbow, shoulder; More

jostle, hustle, manhandle

"she shoved him back into the chair"

make one's way by pushing someone or something.

"Woody shoved past him"

synonyms: push (one's way), force one's way, barge (one's way), elbow (one's way), shoulder one's way

"she shoved past him"

put (something) somewhere carelessly or roughly.

"she shoved the books into her briefcase"

informal

used to express angry dismissal of something.

"I should have told the boss to shove it"

noun

noun: shove; plural noun: shoves

a strong push.

"she gave him a hefty shove and he nearly fell"

synonyms: push, thrust, bump, jolt

"a hefty shove"

bunch of pedantic bullshit

Just because you refuse to see what happened, doesn't mean I am wrong or using the wrong word. Burfict is absolutely shoving his way in between the trainer and AB. To deny that is just being blind to what happened. You talk like Burfict was supposed to be there and the trainer wasnt. You have that completely backwards.

what i see is Burfict coming in to say sorry to AB, (whether it was genuine or not is irrelevant) and the training staff aggressively stopping him from doing that. helping to cause more of the insanity that happened right then.

and quoting a cbssports article

To recap: once Bernard take two steps, he's no longer considered defenseless, and high hits are perfectly legal ... or was it?

UPDATE: As several people have pointed out, while Bernard does, in fact, become a runner after two steps, Shazier used his helmet "to butt, spear or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily," which is a violation of Rule 12, Section 2, Article 6(i).

And then there's this rule, which could have also applied:

Rule 12, Section 2, Article 8. Initiating Contact With the Crown of the Helmet. It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle to tackle and from three yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team's end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or tackler against an opponent shall not be a foul.

As a proud Steeler fan, I will be the first to say I am happy they won and are moving forward but am not happy with how the game went. There were terrible officiating calls on both sides of the ball and intended malicious hits that should embarrass both teams.

-Marc

I don't have a dog in the fight, which means I can say whatever I want with impunity and everyone must agree that I am right.

Bengals deserved to lose the game. Blaming refs for a loss is such a beta move. Steelers trolled the fuck out of the Bengals and essentially goaded them into imploding. Burfect is a moron; you shouldn't even touch Antonio Brown in that situation, let alone blast him like he did. Who was that Bengals' running back who fumbled - what's that clown's name? Not important. I blame the organization and Marvin Lewis; you have questionable characters out on the field who allowed their emotions to dictate the outcome of the game, and you have a coach who allows volatile personalities to show and didn't have enough sense or authority to tell the running back "hey, go down at first sign of contact; can't have a fumble here" and to tell the defense "hey, play smart here; refs are out to get us, so play it conservative and keep your heads."

I don't have a dog in the fight, which means I can say whatever I want with impunity and everyone must agree that I am right.

Bengals deserved to lose the game. Blaming refs for a loss is such a beta move. Steelers trolled the fuck out of the Bengals and essentially goaded them into imploding. Burfect is a moron; you shouldn't even touch Antonio Brown in that situation, let alone blast him like he did. Who was that Bengals' running back who fumbled - what's that clown's name? Not important. I blame the organization and Marvin Lewis; you have questionable characters out on the field who allowed their emotions to dictate the outcome of the game, and you have a coach who allows volatile personalities to show and didn't have enough sense or authority to tell the running back "hey, go down at first sign of contact; can't have a fumble here" and to tell the defense "hey, play smart here; refs are out to get us, so play it conservative and keep your heads."

I agree with all of this.

RB is Jeremy Hill, the guy drafted before Carlos Hyde because "he doesn't fumble" That's a quote from Marvin Lewis

I agree with Marvin Lewis being fired. I think Marvin had a good run and assembled a good team, but let's be honest, he's not going to win a Super Bowl. He reverted back to having questionable characters with good talent on the team ala Ocho Cinco (Classy Guy!). Really Burfict isn't the top 2 Pass defending linebackers so not sure why he was out there if he wasn't blitzing. Plus, I think everyone knew a personal foul was coming from him, he hadn't had one all game. They didn't show much of Castro and Burfict in the endzone that happened early in the game but I'm sure he probably should've got one there too.

My saltiness is the bad officiating of the game in general, the fans throwing bottles on the field and at Roethlsberger, Pittsburgh coaching staff getting one called unsportsmanlike like penalty and another coached being fined, and the stupidity of the Bengals players. Adam Jones just said Brown was faking his concussion. It's just embarrassing as fan of football.

Steelers gave Joey Porter the game ball. Essentially admitting that they sent him out there to bait. Bengals aren't classy, but the Steelers still hold the classless NFL team title. Coaches pulling players hair on the sidelines and picking fights with players in the middle of the field. Trash

Steelers gave Joey Porter the game ball. Essentially admitting that they sent him out there to bait. Bengals aren't classy, but the Steelers still hold the classless NFL team title. Coaches pulling players hair on the sidelines and picking fights with players in the middle of the field. Trash

Really? It coundlt be for, I don't know, Ryan Shazier's best game as a pro and Jarvis Jones' biggest play of his career? In order to win, our LBs had to play by far their best game - they did. They pitched a shut out for 3 quarters on the road. Who to thank? Joey Porter.

You cannot possibly believe they gave him a game ball for instigating a penalty. You are blinded by your disappointment. Give it a few months then maybe revisit the situation.

Thats a rumor started by bengals bloggers