NFL Thread

BStowers023

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
that's a facemask?

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--_idQ7JFD--/c_fit,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/osogs8vtubxsnugnsha5.gif

wow, Detroit got robbed tonight

Detroit got robbed of nothing. They missed a blatant pass interference call the previous play. Any time you make contact with the face mask of a quarterback and dislodge their helmet, you will get penalized. Plain and simple.

Anytime you give up a 65 yard Hail Mary pass, you deserve to lose. Detroit has no one to blame but themselves. :lolguy: at the site of Matt hasslehoffs dumb face at the end of the game. Go pack go

Bullshit the rule states it must be grabbed, pulled, or twisted, his thumb contacted the face mask he pulled him down by the shoulder pad. These fucking "Elite QBs" are not officiated the same across the league, Big Ben would never get that call, neither would Cam. If this is true every play is a facemask.

Same play there was a block in the back of one of Detroit's D-lineman trying to get to Rogers. Enjoy your shifty win and getting killed in the playoffs. Detroit need to clean house.

Don't see hail marys made very often, it was an exciting 4th quarter and I'm glad I stayed up to see it. Aaron Rodgers interview was cool too, you don't see pro athletes get that excited very often either. You can argue the calls and whatnot, but that was fun to watch.

The ref behind Rodgers threw the flag didn't he? Luckily all the "arm chair refs" get to watch the game from a perfect angle with this thing called "slow mo"... Anyways 1 bad can not be blamed for a loss. If you truly believe 1 bad call can then you have never played a competitive sport at any level above church league.

The ref behind Rodgers threw the flag didn't he? Luckily all the "arm chair refs" get to watch the game from a perfect angle with this thing called "slow mo"... Anyways 1 bad can not be blamed for a loss. If you truly believe 1 bad call can then you have never played a competitive sport at any level above church league.

May be you should talk to the Tennessee Titans.

I completely agree. It's easy to critique after seeing 6 different angles in slow mo. Alot different in an actual game with only one chance to see it. Honestly with penalties it is what it is, you just have to suck it up and deal. A flag could be thrown in every minute of every game across every sport in the country.

I also 100% agree one play doesn't make the game. You had a 1000 chances throughout to miss a block, catch a ball, make or miss a tackle. People who get bent out of shape over that stuff are just looking for a place to vent which is fair that's basically the purpose of pro sports for the fans. If someone honesty believe something needs to be 'done' to those refs then they miss the fundamentals of athletics...

In these late game decisions, replay must be used if a ref makes a call. When they review the refs call ON FILM LIKE WE DO, they pick that flag up, game over Lions win. That bad call ended their season not just the game, they still had a glimmer of hope of making the playoffs, now none, because there was no facemask. They could have been the first team to go 0-5 and make the playoffs, but no the League just wants them known for 0-16. And these morons that say well you can't hit any part of a QB helmet are fucking stupid, it was a hook an ladder play, Rogers was no longer a QB, he was a runner and can not throw the ball legally anymore......so no roughing the passer, Taylor clearly didn't TARGET Rogers helmet..... Should have picked up the flag because the idiot that threw the flag thought his face mask MIGHT have been pulled but never saw it with his own eyes. BAD CALL

If I was Martha Ford-Firestone, I'd pull all advertisement money from the NFL, and demand something be done to fix this shit that refs affect games.

Edited by Benjamin

As a non reviewable play, if the hand is in the facemask area and the head turns, the ref is most likely throwing the flag. Happens multiple times per week across the NCAA and NFL. Not a call worth complaining about

As a non reviewable play, if the hand is in the facemask area and the head turns, the ref is most likely throwing the flag. Happens multiple times per week across the NCAA and NFL. Not a call worth complaining about

That's my point, any call should be reviewable at the end of the game. That needs to change.