Any Cobb dealers?

Pntbll309

I sold the access port I had and went with a pro tune. In the STi, there is "IDrive", it's a dial that can give you different settings for driving the car. With the installation of an electronic boost solenoid, you can have these settings tuned to maps of your preference. I usually run a de-tuned "eco" map. The mid map is just a stock map, and the third is 18lbs of boost for a little bit of fun. The cob would run a 93, stage 2 map at 20lbs of boost. I just didn't have a need to run the stock turbo that hard. You can pro tune with the cob access port, but I wasn't finding anyone local I wanted to go to at the time. Been pro tuned for a year and have had zero issues.

^^ I don't know of anyone who has done anything with a 3.6. I wouldn't think there would be much more than bolt ons. As far as tuning, I'm sure some one out there would do it, I I'm thinking $500 to get slightly better performance and maaaaybe MPG, and that's with bolt ons. So, $2000+ probably for very little in the end.

That is just my estimate after doing a 2 second search for after market options.

Edited by Mojoe

If you doing anything more a stage 2 or a flex fuel setup, open source tuning is your best bet. Get a tactrix cable and track down Bryan Mundy for a road tune. Econ maps on Cobbs are beyond slow and you'll have to drive +30,000 miles in Econ mode before you recoup your AP cost.

Basically no aftermarket support for 3.0/3.6 other than intakes/exhaust/suspension.

Hey guys I'm new. +1 for open source tuning unless you need to change maps on the fly (and don't feel like carrying a laptop with you).

I'm not sure to be honest

You need to turn the car off to change maps, but its pretty quick ('realtime' map). Reflashing the ecu takes a little longer and requires you to get under the dash to mess with a connector.

The v3 will be supported longer and even after this Subaru goes I'll probably buy another.

Keep in mind it would have to be another forester.