Urban Carry Holsters

Nickey4271647545519

Interesting, I like that the only object showing almost looks like a cell phone holder on your belt. Not sure how i would feel with a "deep carry" like that but regardless of what kind of holster you choose practice makes perfect.

65$ seems steep for some stitched leather, I was thinking the price would be closer to 30-40$

They're about the 20th or 41st company to offer this style of deep concealment option. The 145lb man in the video with dark jeans is convincing. Now, go take your favorite carry gun, place it on your upper thigh and see what your normal jeans and dockers look like.

They're about the 20th or 41st company to offer this style of deep concealment option. The 145lb man in the video with dark jeans is convincing. Now, go take your favorite carry gun, place it on your upper thigh and see what your normal jeans and dockers look like.

I was just thinking, "why does their promo video only show guys with flat stomachs? average guy with a beer gut probably wouldn't work out as well.

Couple of things that stand out to me.

1. The draw looks more complicated than a standard iwb type draw. Looks like it could easily fail under stress.

2. They say it works from any drawing position, yet they only demo it from the appendix. I think the draw would be even worse to execute from another position.

3. It doesn't seem to lend itself to allow for a consistent "high tang" grip in the draw, which is the foundation for a good combat grip. Not having a molded section that consistently locates the gun in the same place would be of concern to me.

I'd personally pass, but if someone does purchase one please post a review.

Many good points said above.

1. I don't like both hands being involved with the draw.

2. Leather near my crotch, for appendix, not something I want to mess with long term. Sweat, discomfort and smell lead me away from this.

3. I want to see him run with this on, even walk around in a mall. I think it's something odd shaped pressed to your leg, printing. Or it's uncomfortably slapping you all the time.

Edited by Mojoe

Interesting idea but I think a regular holster would serve better. You would probably want to have a 2nd hand free unless you rush into a phone booth and have the time to change like superman.

I have an Alien Gear (good for the money) and Bravo Concealment DOS. Both work well enough for me.

I looked at them the other day and as with anything, I think there are times when it might work well and others where it might not be ideal and you'd need or want to use another style of holster. I'll be looking for some reviews from real people.

• 4 weeks later...