Would you Lincoln? (my new car!)

zeitgeist57

Clean 1978 Lincoln for dirt cheap?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Clean 1978 Lincoln for dirt cheap?

• Sure! Land yachts are cool to cruise.
    • Nope. Waste of space and money.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, guys. Been driving it the entire weekend. It's been a truly unique experience; the world just looks different when you're staring down a huge hood with fins on either side. It gets a ton of looks...took it downtown with the wife and some couples Saturday night for dinner and drinks, and the selfies by the ladies was a bit much in the backseat. Glad it makes people smile!

Mechanically it's very sound: you really can tell when a car was garaged it's whole life. There are a couple of rust spots but a bunch of car buddies have been looking over this thing and it's solidity is impressive. Steering is super sloppy but a $16 rag joint will fix that. One of the brake rotors is warped but for $100 I can replace all 4 rotors and add semi-metallic pads. A/C is weak, and vacuum cruise control is dead but I'll go through and see if they are easy fixes. I'm going to try to clean out the garage and park it in there for the winter. Otherwise, it's going under an outdoor cover in bad weather.

My simple-car, cheap-arse lifestyle loves the throwback this car gives me and other people, yet it's so cheap and easy to wrench on.

Full disclosure: wifey let me buy it provided I try to fix a couple of items and sell her in the spring for a profit. Will entertain offers before I sell it to some cruise-in types for $5k. :)

Oh sorry I thought this was Columbus Racing. I must have clicked on groceghettosleds.com

it probably weighs the same as your car. :(

no lose situation, if you don't like it, and got a very good deal, you can actually advertise it and sell it for a profit.

Hell yeah I'd rock it but I'm a little fucked up like that. Three are a lot of 80's era cars that could be pretty cool with a little bit of work and cleaning up. Hell I'd still love to find a 78 cordoba like my dad had when I was a kid. Nothing like floating down the road at 80 mph in perfect comfort, and don't get me started on the cushy couch like interiors of the day.

I had a gold Cordoba for awhile. Gold interior, too. lol Big ass gold cordoba coin hood ornament. Fucking thing was pimp. :nod:

it probably weighs the same as your car. :(

no lose situation, if you don't like it, and got a very good deal, you can actually advertise it and sell it for a profit.

4550 to 4850lbs according to google

His is the 400 engine, so probably around 4550-4650.

? His 1le is probably 3900.

yeah it was a joke at the expense of how heavy the camaro has gotten lately.

Clay I can't find you a free service manual but I'll keep looking. we need to take apart that dash this weekend.

• 1 month later...