Truth or fiction? New CTS-V is crazier than a Hellcat Charger?

Geeto67

http://jalopnik.com/the-2016-cadillac-cts-v-is-crazier-than-any-hellcat-1745310237?utm_expid=66866090-68.FLd2bbXWSVeOIUIrpr9Fmw.0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fjalopnik.com%2F

Jalopnik has certainly come a long way since the days of Wes and I taking press cars street racing and getting our asses handed to us, feels more like a real car review....however I don't know if I can get behind the assertion that a car is "crazier" because you are less likely to expect it to be fast. I feel like this article should really be "the CTS-V is for grownups and the charger Hellcat is for that 45 year old dude who still collects star wars figures, listens to glam metal, and calls people "babe". CTS-V gives up 67hp to the hellcat from what people are telling me there is a lot of room left where as the hellkitty may be at it's ragged edge already.

thoughts?

Hellcat is the better bang for the buck if you want to be seen as the high class Redneck. The CTS-V is the real deal. That said, I'd take either but would really depend on what the deals are like. I was on Long Island a couple weeks back and saw a Hellcat Charger at a $20k premium over MSRP. For that money, I'd go Caddy. I've yet to drive the new Caddy but am afraid if I do, I'm going to be giving he wife the S4 and trading her van in on a V. Must. wait. for. a. couple. years..........

Hellcats are picking up big numbers with just a tune and pullie swap.

706rwhp with just a tune.

781 with pullie, intake and tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g42bRaC9Mvo

I agree those numbers are stout. I was talking with a buddy of mine recently who tunes a lot of turbo v8 cars and what he was saying is that there is just way more "room" for improvement in the LS platform than you see in the dodge. after the pully, the chip, and the intake you are starting to look at an engine that you can measure it's lifespan in days. maybe it's got enough to get to 850 hp but there are already 1200hp LSX street cars out there so....

I have to be honest, all this is starting to seem pointless. I love a stupid fast car as much as the next guy but after you cross the 500hp mark most of these modern muscle car chassis start to get un-driveable without heavy computerized stability assistance and buckets of talent and restraint. I'm not saying you couldn't drive a hellcat to the store for milk like it was a 2015 altima, I'm just saying the overwhelming marjoity of people probably don't have the self control to do it without having a "watch this" moment. I'm guilty of this too, a buddy lent me his ZL1 and all I wanted to do was hang the tail out every time I made a turn.

Hellcat is the better bang for the buck if you want to be seen as the high class Redneck. The CTS-V is the real deal. That said, I'd take either but would really depend on what the deals are like. I was on Long Island a couple weeks back and saw a Hellcat Charger at a $20k premium over MSRP. For that money, I'd go Caddy. I've yet to drive the new Caddy but am afraid if I do, I'm going to be giving he wife the S4 and trading her van in on a V. Must. wait. for. a. couple. years..........

There are several hellcats at my local dealer priced at msrp (no markup) and they are sitting. With the caddy prices I've seen, I'd go hellcat based on the numbers, but tit for tat, I'd likely prefer the caddy even at a slightly higher price. Unfortunately I have yet to see a reasonably priced V around me.

The Hellcat - by it's own nature - is crazier than the CTS-V.

My manager came in to Cleveland yesterday for client meetings. I've been having so much fun in the Lincoln I didn't think anything of driving my V. Went around NE Ohio, and when I dropped him off at the airport he wondered when I got the new Cadillac. I told him it was a 2007 that I drove the piss out of, showed him 92k on the odo. He said it drove better than his new 5-series. THAT'S the CTS-V: unassuming but well-put-together (at least if it's cared for) :)

Said it before and I'll say it again: I love my CTS-V, and look forward to a used stick-shift ATS-V or CTS-V down the road.

To be fair, that car was going to go sideways whether I wanted it to or not, the fact that I was delighted by this is almost irrelevant.

Both are reasons I should never own a rwd car. [emoji5] I'd likely get in too much trouble.

Both are reasons I should never own a rwd car. [emoji5] I'd likely get in too much trouble.

You'd go through rear tires like water.

Ask me how I know. 4-5 line locks, and power sliding any and all turns that it was safe to do so, and I've cashed my rear tires in 4600 miles. But DAMN were they fun miles!

I see the challenger as being the "crazier" one.

As for potential, lt4 all day long. The dodge already uses a pretty decent size blower so i cant imagine swapping to a new one would do a whole lot. The lt4 on the other hand uses a much smaller unit. One company did nothing more than swap on a bigger blower, and even ran it at stock psi, but picked up right around 100 hp.

Hellcat probably feels more exciting but the V would be much more refined IMO. More curious if any are going into LIMP mode like the Z06 from heat soak?

The only ones that are getting a premium from those that can't wait are the Challenger Hellcats, the Charger Hellcat you can drive almost anywhere and buy for MSRP all day. Some are going less if you shop..

Both cars are bad ass but they are different in approach.

The CTS is like a pretty girl that is prim and proper, but the second you lay the wood to her she is a dirty slut that can suck the skank off Tara Reid and fuck like she is paid to do it.

The Hellcat is the loud chick doing shots at the bar, flashing her tits and will be open to ass play later.

Can't go wrong with either, just depends on how you want to get the job done.

The CTS is like a pretty girl that is prim and proper, but the second you lay the wood to her she is a dirty slut that can suck the skank off Tara Reid and fuck like she is paid to do it.

The Hellcat is the loud chick doing shots at the bar, flashing her tits and will be open to ass play later.

I agree with your descriptions but am disappointed because based on the above when I wax my Audi I'm jerking off in the garage. :o

Wow you were in my head with this one this man speaks the truth

So what you are saying is...with the hellcat you are just more likely to end up in the shit. Got it. :p