Photo Pros! Jump on in!

bahd-ler

Quick question for anyone who knows the photography profession or has sold and/or sells material?

I recently shot some photos of a construction project in Dublin. The City of Dublin contacted me today about using the photos on their webpage and social media sites. Since the company I work for was the landscape contractor on the project I'm not going to charge them for use of my material. At least not this go around. The person I spoke with from the city asked about licensing and/or release of material... I just shot some pics, they want to use them, what do I need to do or ask of them so my material is properly used?

1. I am going to watermark the photos

2. Dublin will credit my work where they use it.

3. They're aerial photo's shot from a Drone. Is anyone familiar with regulations or laws regarding drone footage. The city worker didn't know the limitations, or if there is any privacy restrictions/laws.

I don't know what I don't know.... Any help would be much appreciated!

Quick question for anyone who knows the photography profession or has sold and/or sells material?

I recently shot some photos of a construction project in Dublin. The City of Dublin contacted me today about using the photos on their webpage and social media sites. Since the company I work for was the landscape contractor on the project I'm not going to charge them for use of my material. At least not this go around.

I would still invoice them with a fee and a credit just so you can show the value you're providing.

The person I spoke with from the city asked about licensing and/or release of material... I just shot some pics, they want to use them, what do I need to do or ask of them so my material is properly used?

They are looking for your commercial release. If you don't have one I can PM a simple release in MS Word that you can use. Again, keeps it professional.

3. They're aerial photo's shot from a Drone. Is anyone familiar with regulations or laws regarding drone footage. The city worker didn't know the limitations, or if there is any privacy restrictions/laws.

Can't help you here regarding drone related information. I've shot some video and pics using a drone for my employer but just used my standard release.

PM Me if you need anything.

Tim

I recently shot some photos of a construction project in Dublin. The City of Dublin contacted me today about using the photos on their webpage and social media sites. Since the company I work for was the landscape contractor on the project I'm not going to charge them for use of my material. At least not this go around. The person I spoke with from the city asked about licensing and/or release of material... I just shot some pics, they want to use them, what do I need to do or ask of them so my material is properly used?

1. I am going to watermark the photos

2. Dublin will credit my work where they use it.

I don't know what I don't know.... Any help would be much appreciated!

I would not give them anything for free, because if you give it to them now, why pay you in the future?

That is the biggest issue right now as far as getting paid for photos in the industry, people giving stuff away for exposure.

Can you buy a McChicken with a photo credit? Nope.

Can you pay your mortgage with "exposure"? Nope.

If you have to give them something, limit the amount, make it non-high res, and make it social media sized.

I just had magnuson superchargers try to strong arm me for free pictures for their 2016 Calendar. Told them my fee, they all the sudden forgot where the reply button was.

Garrett Turbos screwed me last year, won't happen again. The only time I give stuff away is when its required in my contract for Power Automedia, and even then I'm getting paid to take the pictures by PAM.