Anyone looking for a track car project?

STEVE-O

You would be surprised what that car will eventually go for on Copart. As someone who trolls that site on the daily, its shocking.

Can you give an example? I have always been curious as to what things actually go for. I browse the site every now and then, but never follow-up on how a listing ended. I have seen some crazy low listings and some that were pure sales which I look at for usable parts but never bite.

Often times you can find some decent buys on there as donor cars, many times you will be pleasantly surprised on the product you get at pickup. Watched a car a few weeks ago that we lost out on, should have gone in the 2000-2500 range ended up losing it at over 3700.

As EssFo says a lot of these cars go as rebuilt and sold as normal cars. If it comes with a clean title you can do quite a bit to bring them back then push them down the road to a buyer as if its been "cherry" its entire life.

Can you give an example? I have always been curious as to what things actually go for. I browse the site every now and then, but never follow-up on how a listing ended. I have seen some crazy low listings and some that were pure sales which I look at for usable parts but never bite.

Tater pricing. My experiences were with attempting to buy two different SRT Vipers. I actually won one time and they chose to revoke the sale. F*** those trouts.

You know what that feels like, getting a car you want and being told "JK"? It's like a one way ticket to the astral plains, except ya got no tickets.

? It's like a one way ticket to the astral plains, except ya got no tickets.

Nice Modern Lovers reference.

So has anybody ever actually bought something from copart? I stalk there once in a while looking for old junk (1960's wrecks) because that's what I like and it always seems to go for bigger money than I think it is worth. Plus there is sometimes talk of hidden fees...ick. I've bid a few times, never won. Where is the real value in copart? is it in late model track car projects?

Also what do you think Biohazard means? looks like flood damage but the mind reels:

http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/35214755?searchId=2116599329

I bought my daily off there, a 2003 ford explorer. Hit in the front in rear. Had 98k and my old one had 267k so i just took the old parts off mine and put them on the lower mileage one. Paid 1200 for the explorer 3 years ago and im still driving it. I also bought an A5 off of there hit in the rear and im still waiting for a decent one hit in the front. I capped out at 7k on the A5, and havent got the one i want in the last couple trys. At this point I wont make any money or save on the A5 as the year i bought it would of been cheaper at this point to just buy a decent used one. However the explorer has worked out great.

Have bought several cars off of Copart, there are definitely fees beyond what you see as your "bid price". Most of what you find on there are insurance write off cars, either from collision damage or catastrophic mechanical failures. Edited by 99StockGT
Spelling