MS Excel Gurus check in - quick help needed

TTQ B4U

I know excel pretty well but not a power user for fancy formulas. This one is easy but I'm dumb. Please help me understand how to do this.

Situation:

I have a spreadsheet with thousands of accounts and about 1,400 zip codes. When moving territories around based on zip code, the account executive code for them will thus change.

Need:

What I'd like to do is have a lookup/replacement of the Account Executive Sales Code populate based on the listing to the right showing which zip codes go with which AE.

Example:

For example it would be If the zip code in cell 7K = cell 7Y then take the Account Executive Code Cell 7B with cell 7X.

Make sense? Here's a screen shot for you.

What formula do I plug in where to make this happen?

Thanks in advance for the help!

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah133/PDQS4/excel%20help_zpsxdlksuyp.png

What do you mean by "then take the Account Executive Code Cell 7B with cell 7X."

do you mean just replace what's in column B with what's in Column X?

assuming that's what you meant, first flip the zip and the AE so the zip is in X and the AE is in Y. Then it would just be: in cell B7 =vlookup(K7,$X$7:$Y$13,2,FALSE)

Rookie mcsteak

The vlookup is the formulas of old, similar to a 2000 Buick lesabre. It's ugly, and, it gets you where you need to go. If you're willing to do a little work to it like the poster suggested.

Indexing is the Cadillac CTSV of lookup formulas. Clean, stylish; powerful. It eliminates the need to manipulate your data or do any sorting. It eliminates opportunity for error.

Rookie mcsteak

The vlookup is the formulas of old, similar to a 2000 Buick lesabre. It's ugly, and, it gets you where you need to go. If you're willing to do a little work to it like the poster suggested.

Indexing is the Cadillac CTSV of lookup formulas. Clean, stylish; powerful. It eliminates the need to manipulate your data or do any sorting. It eliminates opportunity for error.

Miller, i need some personal training in the matters of excel.