Costco or Sams Club

Mojoe

Which one do you like  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you like

• Sams Club
    • Costco

Greaw up using Costco loved it. Moved to ohio and only sams club was near me so I defaulted there, was never the most impressed. Now that I moved up to lewis center theres one near, i started using it again. Forgot how awesome it is.

Honestly there very similar in price, but product wise I feel better deals and selection at costo.

I have been a Costco member for years, therefore I have never set foot in a Sam's Club...which may be the case for others on here, so they can't give you an accurate opinion because they only shop at one.

I love Costco and have bought many 'higher priced' items there at, typically, a better price than most other places.

Also, I bought a Wenger Swiss Military watch there for almost $200 and it broke after about 1 year of use (would randomly stop, even after chaning the battery multiple times) and they took it back with no questions asked for full price.

Great service after the sale, IMO....customer for life after that interaction.

Costco for me.

Had a Sams Club membership years ago and did a lot of shopping there. Moved away from Columbus, so gave up the membership. When Costco was opened up at Polaris, I was living in Westerville and I went up and did a walk around the place and noted items I buy on a regular bases and what their cost was. Then went for a walk around Sam's Club to compare. Sam's had basically the same prices but didn't have the amount of items I would buy in comparison to Costco at a discount. So I went with Costco. Haven't done the comparison for a while but prices haven't changed much at Costco so I keep renewing. Now use a lot of Kirkland (Costco's brand) items now and don't want to change.

I have a Sam's membership because they are near me in Hilliard, but my boss has a Costco membership because she lives near one and we work near one at Easton. That said, when I go with her, I prefer Costco. If there was one equal distance to me in Hilliard, I'd go there.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/19/reasons-love-costco_n_4275774.html

If you can ignore the source of the article there are some interesting facts about costco. They basically do everything the opposite of Wal-Mart. I'm a firm believer in supporting businesses with my patronage whenever possible (hence why i refuse to shop at walmart). If you treat your employee's well you will attract good / knowledgeable employee's and I'd rather shop at a store that treats their people right b/c I know, as the consumer, that better customer service is the result. I'm sure there are exceptions to that rule but that's my theory.

That being said my gf and I shop at costco whenever possible. However it is more convenient for me, living in grandview, to shop at Kroger regularly.

Thanks for all the input. I have been with Sams for over 10 years. I'm going to walk through a Costco to be sure, but I'm pretty much going to see a murder in there, to not switch to Costco. There have been a few issues stacking up and, now I'm done and ready to shop elsewhere.

Thanks for all the input. I have been with Sams for over 10 years. I'm going to walk through a Costco to be sure, but I'm pretty much going to see a murder in there, to not switch to Costco. There have been a few issues stacking up and, now I'm done and ready to shop elsewhere.

The membership is so cheap you could always have both at the same time and just decide from there.

Agreed. I try to go when there are as few people as possible inside.

whoa this guy is alive?!?!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/19/reasons-love-costco_n_4275774.html

If you can ignore the source of the article there are some interesting facts about costco. They basically do everything the opposite of Wal-Mart. I'm a firm believer in supporting businesses with my patronage whenever possible (hence why i refuse to shop at walmart). If you treat your employee's well you will attract good / knowledgeable employee's and I'd rather shop at a store that treats their people right b/c I know, as the consumer, that better customer service is the result. I'm sure there are exceptions to that rule but that's my theory.

That being said my gf and I shop at costco whenever possible. However it is more convenient for me, living in grandview, to shop at Kroger regularly.

Came to post this basically. With most things generally being equal between the two, it's tough not to choose the one that pays their employees a real living wage.

I only go to Sams Club for this :)

http://i0.wp.com/chaimtime.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/sam-food.jpg

Costco is better.

I prefer the items Costco sells when compared to Sam's. They are higher quality, carry a lot of gluten free foods (wife can't eat it) and generally have a better selection. We do have memberships to both and still go to Sam's for some things.